[China] Tea

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Su lin, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Seeing that we now have these lovely new forums I thought we could maybe discuss tea and its awesomeness here.I know quite a few out there partake in it and those of you that don't really are missing out!

I have just discovered Pu'er tea which is pretty nice,although only got teabags till my loose stuff arrives. I tend to drink different teas at different times of day and for different reasons. Green tea in the morning to wake me up a bit,Oolong when I get to work, white or Pu'er with lunch then some before training and Rooibos before bed.

I am becoming slightly obsessed with it but it just really makes me feel great.

2. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

I love green tea - Laoshan is my current favourite (best tea in Northern China I'm told) and Taiwanese High Mountain brand is pretty damn good also.
    :cool:

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ooh not tried Taiwanese. Im getting more and more interested in the health benefits and medicinal properties of tea at the moment, really fascinating!

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I love Yorkshire Gold. :love:

(Am I allowed to say that here? :confused: )

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Seeing that it's you I shall let you off, even though it doesn't class as Chinese tea! :p

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Well can we have a 'Yorkshire' forum then? :)

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

As IF!!! :woo:

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Why not? It would be the perfect place to discuss how the House of Lancaster got spanked in The Wars of the Roses! :p :D

(Hint: it was because they never had their own tea! ;) )

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Grrrrrrrr!!!! :woo:

I'm sure there is a Lancashire tea, but I can't drink "normal" tea thesedays ,especially not with milk in .

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Why not? Are you expecting? :confused:

11. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Great thread Su :D

Isn't green tea meant to have a lot of health benefits? I did try it once, with vanilla, man I would have sooner drank dish water *puke face*. Maybe I should try it without vanilla :D

That or PG Tips ;)

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It's meant to have many health benefits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea

I don't always like Green tea bags,especially flavoured ones. Try some loose green tea and just add 1 tsp to it and brew for about 3-5 minutes. The cheaper stuff tends to taste quite acidic but if you get a decent one you may be pleasantly surprised by how nice it tastes.

Tesco do a nice Green tea bag,cant remember who by- it's in a white box and is nice for a bag.Shouldn't make you get puke face either :D

13. Victoria

From Wiki:
    Forget Weight Watchers, get some green!! :D

14. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I got my mum a pack of monkey picked tea leaves one Xmas.

This wild tea is found high on mountain tops or similar where human hand can't reach so specially trained monkeys (re: peobably monkeys smacked across the face with a rolled up newspaper if they don't perform) are sent to harvest them.

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lolol no I'm not,it just tastes vile! :eek:

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Oooh spooky was just about to mention Monkey picked tea! Although apparently it is picked by humans these days :( Go pick me some please Chimp :D

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Cool! Shall go make myself a vat of green tea :D

18. Victoria

There's your answer for the next two weeks :D

I didn't realise there were so many different kinds of tea's. Woah :eek:

19. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I know,have been drinking tea by the gallon for the last couple of weeks! Yep, there are soooo many! This is a great site to buy from www.theteahouse.co.uk too.

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Just had a thought- I started this in the China forum but of course tea is very important in Japanese culture too. Shall we start one there too ? Hmmm