Chi/Ki energy

Discussion in 'Karate' started by Telsun, Mar 23, 2003.

1. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

By the way yoda, that is all from a site. I put that there for ckdstudent. I didn't type any of that. Just copied and pasted. by the way yoda, I went to www.psipog.net (site for paronormal people) and I told them about it, and they said that they had known about it for 3 years now. about 20 of them said that they tried to enter, but they won't let anyone with real powers, and it's just a publicity stunt.

Last edited: May 11, 2003
  2. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Its not a publicity stunt, a few years ago I got hold of a copy of some of the reports (via a friend of my parents), its just that anyone with real powers refuses to agree to the conditions that are prescribed, which are things such as it must be performed in a sealed room, with the person given no foreknowledge of the location, and so on. They must also have an assistant (if they need one) chosen by the testers, rather than one of their own choice, which seems to be the clause that causes the biggest objections.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Bwaaahahahaahahaaaaa...........

Man you crack me up.

4. grandmaster mat

grandmaster mat wataaaahhh!!

ive never seen this ki energy stuff but i looked at a picture which was suposed to be a ki ball, the bloke said "if u look carefully u can c a heat wave" wat an absolute bunch of bananas

5. YODA

This stuff is usually a handy refuge for those looking for a way to avoid hard athletic training in favour of mystical mumbo jumbo.

Sad - very sad.

6. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

yah I saw that pic to. It's very hard to get a good quality website on that stuff these days. BECAUSE IT ALL GETS MISINTERERATED BY DBZERS!!!! I HATE DBZERS!!!! Look what there doing. there making this thing look like a joke. Hey whoever did that pic, it sucked! why don't you get a site with real ki partitioners on it (refering to traditional ki, not the dbzer stuff you guys are looking at)

7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Damn straight br'uther! :D

Col

8. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

So guitarboy have you ever made a ki ball and shot it at something??? That site is a total lie. I am not saying I don't believe in Ki but you should not believe anything on that dragonball Z site. It have under the easy stuff you can do as making a ki ball and shooting it at stuff. That is ********. Sorry to dissapoint you.

9. Guitarboy1212

Guitarboy1212 New Member

Your not dissapointing me. I told this entire site so MANY TIMES!!! Look at my previous posts. I hate DBZ enriched sites. It's all because of little kids who want to be like dragon ball z, so they distort the belief of ki. The type of ki I'm talking about it not the kind where you make "ki balls" and shoot it at people. Those techs were made by serious DBZ fans. I just wish they would leave the subject alone and stop distorting it. I don't feel like explaining my belief style to you, because I'm sick of being misinterperated, so if you want to find out you can search the web, because I'm sick of repeating myself!

10. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-Chi/ki is an often misunderstood and even more often exploited by the con men trying to sell their "martial snake-oil". The real phenomena refers to (in terms of personal, as opposed to the universal) the body's electrical system(nervous system), usually in conjunction w/ the endocrine(hormonal) system(or chakras). There has been real scientific research done in this area at western universities including University of Ca. at San Francisco and Stanford University.(I do not mean to imply that reearch done in Asia is less valid.) With training one can "increase the wattage" and can use this for certain effects. Is this magic? No. Is it even psychic? I guess that would depend on your definition of it. It would not fit mine. I see it as a less explored and defined area that merits further study. In martial arts terms, I'm still focusing on less esoteric portions of my training if I had to defend myself. Still, this is an area that I feel that to deny it and close it off just because it is not yet fully understood would be a waste and foolish. On the other hand, expecting a comic book(or cartoon ) version of the Holy Grail would be even more foolish. A final point is that the terms chi, ki, flowing energy, ect. has been used and misused for many phenomena for a long time. On the universal level it has been used to describe everything from quantum mechanics in physics to what Christians term as the Holy Spirit. On the personal level , these terms have been applied toa variety of things from mechanical leverage to elite athletisicm and timing. If you choose to debate it's existance, you must first lock down what definition you are going by. Then, look at it w/o the blinders on:pro or con. You just might learn something from it. Or, you may at least avoid being suckered in by the next "guru's" parlor tricks.

11. YODA

Excellent well balanced post Kwan Jang :D

12. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I agree Kwan Jang, very good post. Didn't mean to offend you guitarboy. Yes, I believe in ki. I was not saying anything wrong about it. But if you say that the kind of ki you believe in is not the kind where you shoot people with balls of energy, or like the DBZ kind, then why refer people to a site that is about stuff like that. The site you put was telling you how to shoot stuff with balls of chi...:D

13. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Bah humbug, bollocks to it all:woo: :woo: :eek:

The reason there are very few authentic pictures of chi fireballs is that there are no authentic chi fireballs!

People can prat around with this kind of thing if they like, but please don't annoy any actual, especially not beginning and gullible, martial artists with it!

14. YODA

Now THAT'S more like it :D

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Not the most BALANCED of rages, perhaps...

16. YODA

No - but got the sentiment across very well I thought :D

17. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Calling JediMasterChris...........I recall why you missed me!! PM about this thread?
    This certainly took off:eek: My last post was the sceptical explanation of ki. Anyway the thread kinda spurned off the original intention. What the hell are you lot on about?

So ki/chi does exist? Any examples?

Yoda do you believe? You have not actually stated an opinion (forgive me if you have and I missed it when reading through).

How do I develop this"power"?

I wish to become the ultimate Jedi........I mean martial artist:D

18. YODA

Depends - I believe there MAY be a force that we are yet to understand fully - probably some physical manifestation of our collective unconscious. As for ANYONE being able to use this in a martial arts context - BULLSH!T!

19. Seito

Seito New Member

Ki Energy

Ki energy Is The Source or substance of life itself.......its what you breath, its what you say, its what you feel, like the air in your face.......it can only be felt and not seen......the act of Ki Manipulation, or crating kiballs and other techniques takes musch practice and plenty of open awareness to these waves of energy.usually Video Game and anime freaks claim that they can do this........but i believe playing video games make it harder to achieve these altered states of mind you need to reach for ki manipulation...In short KI is just Energy and It CAN me shaped into whatever you want it to.......it just takes practice:)

20. Seito

Seito New Member

Ki is energy....the very substance of life itself........it CAN be manipulated with alot of practice!