Chi Gung

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by zuiquan21, Nov 3, 2008.

1. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

well first is i didn't try to impress anyone. i just think about the content of that letter,it shows character,someone who loves the arts like i do.i wasn't the one throwing stones either. so of coarse if someone wants to throw stones i can throw them back.
    But who cares.

your right,it's not worth arguing over,i just didn't know the forums were like this. i thought i was going to be greeted with at least in a friendly way,especially in an art like taiji where the people are suppose to be finding piece! and enlightenment.thats funny. yes, your god dam right i did defended G.M Huang!
    he's a G.M. I don't think people think the way i do about that,it's suppose to mean something!

As far as anything i said to anyone that was in a negative text,i didn't really mean it. i don't know them,they could be great people. but hey thats from the stone throwing that they started not me.

I'm out of here anyway,Too much arguing. is not for me dude.
    My kid came down stairs ,seen this stupid sh$% and laughed,he said "dad don't you realize you might be in a argument with someone who just likes starting crap on line" he's right!

see ya, i'm gone.

merry christmas

2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I corrected that for you.

You'll be back...

Again...

And again....

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

"...G.M Huang!
    he's a G.M. I don't think people think the way i do about that,it's suppose to mean something!"

It certainly does mean something.As explained previously it merely denotes the head of a system.A living founder,or whoever is designated as successor to a system head.It does not mean that individual is the best in the system,or even more skilled than the majority of the other senior practitioners.
    That's the meaning of the term in CMAs.

If everyone who added some things,or taught a slightly different approach on some things,rather than major changes in their system from their teachers was considered to be doing a different system,the world would be full of folks who could claim a meaningless G.M. designation. Oh wait,it already is.

As to those defending Huang,I spoke of "lineal descendants",as in those who study in his line in a thread from before weili came here.

Peace and enlightenment thru TC?Well,I've read where more than one of the old guys who had fighting reps did say their temper was milder "now".Meaning in their golden years.Which often comes with age,anyway.But that was about it.Their "enlightenment" seemed to pertain to being enlightened on the methods training their mind and physical vehicle to utilize TC in combat.For those inclined to such things,their following an unrelated practice,such as various sects of Taoism,Buddhism,Christianity,etc.,would seem to have been the way they practiced non MA spiritual pursuits.

With the exception of a very few philosophically inclined individuals,those marketing their TC as a way to "enlightenment" are more often the phonies.

For someone studying under a shihan,it's rather curious about the lack of participation in the Ninjutsu forum.Perhaps a greater level of credulity was expected among the peace and enlightenment TC crowd.

Or at least among the MAP TC folks,as opposed to EF?

Well,I should go get a couple trees to add that traditional pagan practice to the Christmas festivities.