Chi Gung

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by zuiquan21, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Puzzled Dragon

Puzzled Dragon Valued Member

If you succeeded to believe in immortals flying in the sky, would that improve you in any way?

The other thing would be, to not believe in Qi and therefore to not practice standing Q-Gong.

All this belief and not-belief is superfluous, in my opinion.

2. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

So are you saying your instructor believes this stuff?Fairy tales and such? Well,I suppose it's no more fantastic than the stories in the majority of religions when accepted in a literal,non-symbolic way.Or do I misunderstand?

His being able to beat you,your friend,or Superman has no bearing on the validity of his beliefs,tho'.

Just curious-assuming your instructor tops out around 250 lbs.,what exactly do you mean by your friend can't beat him-in what context?Striking,grappling,the whole shebang?I'm assuming of course they're not out for blood.I'm aware that on occasion even w/a huge weight difference results can be surprising,such as Liston's one sided victory over Wepner,but of course they were out for blood!

3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

One could practice standing and yet not believe in certain definitions of ch'i-such as the concept when utilized in acupuncture.Instead, one could focus only on the various physical practices one may utilize in such training.

The late Dr. Wen Zee, a senior student of Ma.Yueh-liang,once said the ch'i spoken of in TC is not the same as that in TCM.No doubt some would object to such a concept,but again,depending on the definition one is using,it's a valid viewpoint.

4. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

I already said too much. I think you already know what the answer is.
    And i did invite you to chat on I.M.But you turned me down,which is fine.
    I also invited you over to my house to sample the goods. It seems though that you were a bit harsh in this last post.

Well the answer to the rest,It could have been fatal,right there in my living room.yup,that's how it was.wasn't my sifu's fault though,my friend don't like to lose.
    Is not how we like to train, although it does get very rough at times.We don't use any gear so you have to keep your mouth closed and press your teeth together,their much stronger as one unit. but you know how it is when someone wants proof. It gets ugly. That asst instructor from new jersey is very hostile,he's a big boy. Much bigger then me. yup,no skill,nice form! Got hurt bad last time he came out,his fault not mine.I'm peaceful. got bloody,broken ribs,black eye all that good stuff.

Usually if i bring someone as a guest to play with us, my sifu operates at about 5%. that matches most people's level in taiji. He never shows off,(hides everything)and the people are happy to see a little bit of stuff and he goes home happy too,with a little fee. There has been countless times that he will not show nothing at all. All depends on if he likes some one's character. He don't like show offs,is bad he said.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  5. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

I'm not qualified to answer your question.

6. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Well no,I didn't know what the answer was.That's why I asked.

Really,wasn't trying to start something,I leave that to others.I was just curious,esp as weight differential can be a bigger factor when blood ISN'T being sought.Don't take it the wrong way.Thanks for answering.

However,someone's beliefs are irrelevant-so when you mentioned "problem is I can't beat him..." that doesn't lend any validity to such beliefs.If you feel my statement re you,Superman,etc, was harsh it wasn't meant to have any underlying tone.If you feel the statement regarding Taoist fairy tales was harsh,as I said,no more fantastic belief than most tales from various religions.But I guess I'm equally "harsh" on those,when taken literally.If you find factual statements-(look up the term)-harsh I guess we just come from different tribes.

I pretty much word things on here as carefully as possible so as not to have things misconstrued.Which is why I only do very minor editing.(hint,hint).I realize you got rocks thrown at you for a bit when you first got on here,but wasn't I the one who said "come back"?

I don't use I.M.Too much chance for security breaches.And to tell you the truth,it's so out of my awareness when you used the term it didn't register.So call me a moron.

And I did say maybe in the spring.So why did you bring that up?

25 years in martial training and no skill?By mentioning he had so many years in,that would imply to the reader some skills were acquired.Would have been more forthright to say "huge guy w/no skills in spite of 25 years training".Mentioning his employment w/law enforcement would also imply things to a reader,tho' I did note you did not state his position,so he could be a deputy or a file clerk.So why include it in the description of the individual if it has no bearing,or you're not going to provide more clarification,such as the relevancy?

By not providing all the info,one might come to the conclusion that the withholding of same,which makes your instructor look better regarding the outcome,was a deliberate act on your part.Not that I'm accusing you of such, but see the logic?

Please don't edit your previous posts bearing on this one of mine.

As the late Louis Armstrong said-"I don't let my mouth say what my heart can't stand."

7. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Anyone buying what weiliquan is saying?

It sounds to me like it's not just Falun Gong practitioners who enjoy their delusions.

Also 480 lbs? That's 34 stone in UK speak which is morbidly obese- I'd be suprised if the guy had the energy to go for a walk let alone fight anyone at that weight. Then again it sounds like your just making stories up so not really worth worrying over the details.

8. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

No.

More of a keyboard warrior with a great imagination. :mad:

9. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

Oh well, No one who ever tells the truth makes it to office. Then the people complain about liars.

goodbye

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  10. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

????????????????????????

Wiffle waffle at its finest.

What, again?

11. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Was I hallucinating when I thought I read a from weili post in reply to #127, mine?It seems to have disappeared.

And it had such a good Inuit nutting story.

12. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

Yes it was a good story a true story. I took if off because I don't feel that some of the OTHERS WHO ARE PHONIES are worthy of reading it.

I also feel they shouldn't be teaching at all.

I can tell by the posts they left,But they think their fooling someone,And of coarse they have fooled many. thats why 99.9% can't USE their skills. It is the very core of the art's destruction. I see( no real knowledge )in some of these very suspicious posts. It just amazes me that in the Chinese arts of all the things i have posted is there.so if these self-appointed instructors oppose my posts which are in fact the very core of the art! well that would mean they are not who they claim to be. but what they do is try to "avoid fighting and prolong form training" as long as possible to extract as much money as they can possibly get. never leading anyone to the point of true martial ability...

Go back and look at these threads you'll see right through it. you'll see words like rubbish,things like that! mostly coming from the U.K.

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Not worthy of comment....just a way to stop you writing inciteful nonsense, then deleting it, making threads unreadable in the future.

Gotcha. :bang:

14. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

Now this worth reading: a letter i recieved from real artist's: this is how real martial artists talk!!! B.S. over!

gene l.chicoine and john r.allen left fee man ong in the late 70s.they went to gm chang dung shengs international shuai chiao association.

gm chang was considered by many to be our centurys greatest master regardless of style.he died of cancer in 1986.and was buried on taiwan a 10th degree master and national treasure.
    he picked a round eye to be his president of the isca before he died.chicoine. because he was the very best fighter.hes not a diplomat.

they both chicoine -allen wrote for inside kung fu and got best article of the year and other honors.chicoine was named black belts kung fu instructor of the year a few years ago.the west coast masters hate him because hes a round eye.he would kick the living ass off all of them.
    so they 86d him and allen from ikf.

my point these guys are real. like you are weili. i can see it. is the energy.

i can see you have put in untold hours of training and its reflexive and second nature to you.i got some iron palm medicine ...i can send you a bottle.

one thing ive told your shihan is that i think the eye gouges the bites and all of the more complicated stuff from ninjutsu should never ever have been all shown to the public.he agreed with me.it should have been closed door stuff.
    people have pirated his stuff and sold it as their own.thats just not right.those more serious techniques are for higher level students and life death only fights.not a fight at the gym or over a parking space.its morally wrong to carve a mans eye out if its not a full bore combat thing...life or death.

they allen and chicoine had a fall out.ie chicoine booted allen.allen sells his stuff in inside kung fu.it is authentic.chicoines is better but he only teaches in his school.old school.

it was a wild weekend,last week joe lewis was coming over to watch the ufc that sat.night.i was in hog heaven.

i liked joe lewis.there are pictures of him beating me up with giant boxing gloves.
    he was good!

i see you know your stuff.you couldnt be more right on about that boxing and size etc.
    i agree with you totally. you are absolutly correct.

i met grand master gene l.chicoine once in akron for iron palm.he is a legend.hes legit in iron palm iron vest pakua hsing i shuai chiao.very very hard core.no bs. a genuine kung fu master.hes in his seventies now...his teacher was the legendary fancy butterfly that kills chang dung sheng shuai chiao grandmaster undefeated heavyweight of china in the all masters tournaments in 1928 1933 and 1948.he was unbeaten and killed quite a few blokes in his matches.

im really into british uk bare knuckle fighting these days.

men like lew wild thing built like a grizzly bear yates,the late great giant of a man lenny the guvnor mclean,roy pretty boy shaw,the late great bartley gorman king of the gypsies and gypsy jimmy stockin.these guys are such tough guys.they all have books on amazon.great reads

that fellow you train with looks very good.

i think there is real truth to that stuff.
    i mentioned gm chicoine earlier.he is considered the best highest ranking non asian in the history of kung fu.

there was another full contact fighter in akron from the kwanyindo monastery named grandmaster feeman ong.he was 5 feet 7 about 240 of pure muscle.his legs were like tree trunks.chicoine was under him for years before he left him.

you look very very tough on your video.id never want to tangle with you.i think the new arts have really rounded out your skills too.i like the taiji.the ninjutsu and taijitsu.they are very legit genuine and real.

i like judo gene lebell.he has spoken to me on the phone.he doesnt bad mouth anybody.and he was a tough hard core geezer in his day.hell he beat bruce lee up badly.he thumped bruce!!!
    they made up after and were life long friends.he taught bruce grappling

peace mate.

now thats better! "The top of the food chain boys".

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  15. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Preserved for posterity boys and girls of this forum. You all deserve to get the chance to read this.

weiliquan, why have you written all this (imo) nonsense, under the guise of having recieved it in this (your) linguistic format?

Once again...it is that time again...I hear the patter of the feet of the...

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    CHRISTMAS TROLL

16. Puzzled Dragon

Puzzled Dragon Valued Member

Weiliqan:
    :wow: I do think this is quite funny. (why is there no ROFL smiley here...???)

Considering people never change their point of view 180 degrees just by changing their nick name and by faking a different personality and different looks than before, including the change from sophisticated English to misspelled rambling...

Amazing and hilarious. ROFL. Really, I think you are quite funny. Certainly an improvement though, compared to before. (Better entertainment value.)

How come nobody believes you anything though, nor take you serious in any way, give that one a thought.

Peace. :rolleyes:

Edit: Mods, please give us back the BIG GREEN GRIN and a ROLL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING emoticon. Please do.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  17. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Yes...please can we see their return. They are much needed here!!:)

18. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

Well i had no intentions of taking the letter off, I put it there for a reason.
    It's a guide for martial artist's. It would appear that some of the writings by the artist's today have lost all the traditional values. Their too busy slandering others that they don't even know. It's a shame.

The letter is real as you know it is,I purposely left the signature off because of the truth that was told about bruce lee,he was good,not unbeatable like in the movies.

Truth is i sent a video to my friends in Thailand, not the same one you seen. It was seen by this artist's and that was the message i received, This artist knew right away from the material on that video who my shihan was.

I'm not going to let you **** in my cornflakes today,No. I'll tell ya what it's all about, respect! That means that you respect all artist's big and small,young and old,good or bad weak or strong. Yes i got that letter, No i didn't feel quite worthy of it,I'm good,maybe not that good. But it made me very happy that someone of that high of level took the time to write me, and said those things to me. even a letter from the president of the United States would have been less important.

merry christmas.

19. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Oh my :evil:

You have disrespected everyone here from your first post in this incarnation. Unfortunately, you seem to be the only person unable to see through your own delusions.

Those of us here who actually learn and practice CIMA's can spot an imposter a mile away.

Your only saving grace is that you bring mirth to the forums.

Happy Yuletide (I do not have an imaginary friend)

20. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

It's old,old news that Judo Gene "enlightened" the late Mr. Lee about wrestling.

Eye gouges and bites?I've known Marine ROTC kids that were taught these things,and certainly not unheard of in anti-rape courses.Perhaps such things as applying teeth to the Adam's Apple region or basic thumbs to the eyes is cruder than the methods employed in your Taijutsu but seems that's hair-(or orb)-splitting.Still seriously x rated stuff.And in the public domain for a long,long,time.

If an individual is going to post things which others may find incredulous it should come as no surprise that negative feedback of various stripes may arise.Think logically,do you really blame,for example,CKava for his utter disbelief?Rather naive for someone who's been involved as long as you.(Heck,there are people on MAP who don't think an individual can be popped up and sent flying 10 feet and more in the context of ph,which is neither a big deal nor a long distance).To state that such individuals are "unworthy" due to their skepticism or disbelief is rather haughty,at best.

Even when vociferously defending the ph demo by the late Master Huang his lineal descendants never called the critics here unworthy or phonies.You've now done this as well as your accusation that cloudz wasn't a martial practitioner,a baseless assumption due to your lack of knowledge of said individual.Respect you want?

Posting a letter stating what a whip one is isn't going to impress anyone,unless it's from someone known of and respected ability-wise by at least some of the individuals you're expecting to read it.

Deleting chunks of/entire posts is an annoying practice to anyone involved in a thread.

Have a nice Christmas,weili-I do mean that.