Chi Gung

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by zuiquan21, Nov 3, 2008.

1. zuiquan21

zuiquan21 Valued Member

Hi i was wondering for those who do chi gung, taichi or other internal martial arts. when you first started, when did you first notice any differences in yourself, if any. and if you did feel changes what were they? because ive heard of people doing tai chi saying after a while they would feel increased warmth or something? idk but i was just wondeirng because im planning on starting up chi gung and wanted some more info

2. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Its Monday and too early to type anything meaningful, hence copy and paste:

In other words, try it out for a few months and see what you find, expectation will only skew your perception and distract you.

3. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

As ITS said, give it a try and see how it goes.
    Do you know what form of qigong you will be learning? Are you going to a teacher, or self-teaching? What are your goals with qigong? Health, spiritual, martial?

Give us a bit more info, and we may be able to give you some more :cool:

4. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Chi gung is not magic, nor is it formulaic, so there's no set frame for what benefits you might experience or how long it may take you to become aware of them. Further, each practitioner brings their individual levels of tension, talent and sensitivity to the mix, and the system and the teacher add even more variables.

The internal arts are about developing skills of body, energy and mind, and I can only encourage you to find a teacher and a system that feels right for you and then pursue your practice with vigor and enthusiasm.

Good luck.

5. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

if you are from australia i would would check out,heavenmanearth. they have several locations out there. and the sifu's are just great.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXwVCjXSDSY"]YouTube - HeavenManEarth - Aggressive Free Push Hands[/ame]

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I hope the title "aggressive free push hands does not come from the teachers.

If it does...do not touch the school with the proverbial bargepole.

7. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

the uncarved block already shoots an arrow.

8. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Your tendency to speak in fortune cookie aphorisms makes it hard for me to take you seriously. I don't know if you're making an effort to sound esoteric and wise, or whether you're just having a go at people with some weird sounding internet persona, but either way, consider this a request for clear and simple English.

9. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

Well,you havn't apoligized to me yet! was (drugs,troll.)?

And trust me,there are very high level people who visit this forum who will understand completely everything i say!

So maybe you "thought" i was just some thug dropping in. "wrong"!

And in considering your request for clear and simple english,WHY?. If you are high enough level to talk to me the way you did. then you should understand what i wrote. Maybe you didn't get it when i said (me and my master train at my house).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  10. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

NO carys. This vid isn't what you think. It is only structure training,thats all.

Plus if he put up his vid's on higher level stuff no one understands. So to attract more students, who can only understand what they can see. should explain to you why. People understand violence!
    Is unfortunate but the truth.

11. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

If self importance and smuggness had value you would be very rich.

12. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

:cool:
    Well i'm going to ignore that and get back on track.because it is simply not true.
    I admit though i'm not used to posting on public forums.
    Anyway i'm just looking for quality conversation about good stuff.

Like (zombie)(space and time doesn't exist anymore with either good or bad intent).
    now thats cool stuff. Is the kind of stuff i like to talk about.

But your absolutely right! this is a public forum. So "kicks back has beer" may be more fitting.

Oh,that vid of heavenmanearth is not my school anyway,their just friends who have some good stuff.:cool:

13. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Interesting....given that I did not give any thoughts of mine regarding this video. The only comment I made was to the title.

off topic bit....Am I right in thinking that English is not your first language...in which case your sleight to myself would have possibly been unintentional??

I needed no explaination, or I would have posted questions here. I understand well enough that a lot can only be directly transmitted as it is not seen by the human eye until such level is reached.

Enigmatic.

14. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Drugs, troll or psychological damage were the possibilities I listed for the weird nonsense you were spouting, and I never thought you were a thug, a flake maybe but not a thug.

All right then, good luck with the fortune cookie business, totally dominating your teenage son on video and training with your master at your house.

15. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

O.k. what exactly are you referring to when when you say (weird nonsense)?
    And yes my boy has been being trained since he was 3 years old.
    And he totally dominates Adults!

Well now i'm trying to be nice.
    :rolleyes:

16. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

O.k. this thread was going way off topic.
    This is the start of the thread.
    I would highly recommend "heavenmanearth"for your qi gong.
    I have personal knowledge that they have a qi gong set over there which i believe is closely linked to the ninja.

17. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

This is what threw me off,proverbial bargepole.
    Anyways if i was wrong in anyway , I'm sorry.

I think i'm going silent anyway, I was hoping to meet new people here with similar interests, but i am kind of coarse at times.I guess closed door stuff should just be closed door.

18. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Closed door transmission should stay there, not be discusssed on open forums, imo.

There are, I feel, probably many people here with similar interests to yourself. Maybe a softer approach and more listening by your good self may bring it out??

19. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

I'm french,My master is half white half asian. trained in both china,japan.
    English is my first language.
    Sorry i thought you saw that privit vid i put up for El mexico,he requested so i put it up there for a while,don't know if he seen it though.
    Do you have a video?

Very strange my master ,he only teaches 1 posture at a time.maybe 2.
    without all the linking. unless it's just qi gong. or for healing,then he links.
    He's kind of backed off a little on showing me more lately.
    seemingly talks in riddles!

20. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Who is your master, weiliquan? I'm familiar with a few in France, so just wondering if it's someone I know of.