Chen PH Demo by CXW, Chen Bing, and Chen Ziqiang

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by QuaiJohnCain, Apr 23, 2009.

1. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

For the record i don't agree with those notions.

Depending on what's on the clip, the details of them, you can tell different things from what is shown - a lot of what a person can tell or sees rests as well on their own experiences.

Secondly I'm not clear what weiliquan is trying to say with :

push hands has many different methods of practice. To do free pushing you don't need to "know" anything.

And showing someone a pattern to follow is pretty basic stuff. One of the most common pattern is there to teach peng, lu, an, ji - four basic methods in tai chi - some people call them 'kinetic movements' now.. but really it's not rocket science.

but like with any skill set it takes time and practice to get good at it, sensitivity at touch becomes very important. you can watch loads of ph hands clips. different people doing, showing different things. Various levels of 'play'..

Even with a some experience it can be tricky to call sometimes what's going on.. so i can imagine it seems pretty strange without any.

2. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Ha ha
    Yess!!

I know!!!

Now go get the beers in, while I go and take a chi.

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

You should have felt the chi I had this morning... the whole office could feel it burning their nostrils.. I think I am becoming a master.. my fa(rt) jing is really coming along now... yep... too far along... needa go clean up a bit :D