Cheesey Kickboxing Movies!

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Korpy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

"Kickboxer" and "No Retreat, No Surrender" set me on the martial arts path 20 years ago, so I now have an alter featuring the DVD covers of both movies, which I pray to every night. Sort of.

"Drive" featuring Mark Dacascos is a quarter-pounder with cheese, but has some great fight scenes.

The American Ninja series was bloody awful.

2. k1ckboxer

k1ckboxer Valued Member

Yer ditto here also.. as cheesey as films like kickboxer, no retreat and karate kid may seem now, at the age i was at the time they totally influenced me

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I wonder who on here would admit to tying a rope between two trees in a crude attempt to mimic Van Damme's stretching scene in "Kickboxer". I know I did! :D

4. PaFF

PaFF Valued Member

NOOOOOO.............. Superfoot.

That's not a mental image I want.

5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

It worked though...

[​IMG]

If you can't see the image, click here.

:D

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  6. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

A story from those days!

I had put a advertisment in the local newspaper for my begginers Thai Boxing class starting that week,based on past adds i expected 3 or 4 new members which i would of been happy with,on the night of the class i opened the gym door 10 min before class time only to find people queing down 3 flights of stairs,along a coridoor,through a sports hall and along another corrider to the front door! i nearly passed out! 120 people turned up that night! why? because unknown to me(really) KickBoxer had opened that week on the cinema of my local town! the room i had for the class was big enough for 30 people to train! i gave them all a demo and talk! ahh good days,thanks Jean Claude:)

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

How about No Retreat, No Surrender 2.

That's huge hollywood cheese for Kickboxing.

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

A similar thing happened when Ong Bak hit our screens.

Our student intake almost tripled, but the downside was they wanted to do flying knee strikes through hoops of barbed wire on their very first lesson.

Once they realised they had to work at the basics before anything else, we were pretty much left with the same number of students we had before Ong Bak was released!

9. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

LOL!!!

I love it. With MMA being so big, sometimes we get those big tapout guys that come in to the school, and once it becomes hard, they leave. Very similar.

Superfoot, you ever see American Shaolin (aka King of Kickboxers 2). That movie is so hilarious, you'll forget it's a martial arts movie.

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

CHEESE!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhltc_l8wew"]Underwear bit in KING OF THE KICKBOXERS 2 - YouTube[/ame]

:D

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Gotta laugh at this one, too... "Chuck Norris?!" hehehe...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9GkIHyhtKU"]sidekicks chuck norris stone dojo - YouTube[/ame]

12. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

They call me Bruce,that was a funny one:)

13. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Who know that de-pantsing could be such a combat effective technique. :p

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Omg, haven't seen that flick in forever. Quite cheesy, but awesome since Chuck Norris kicks the bad guy's butt.

15. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Here we go. First, the final fight from King of Kickboxers.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN2dHDQ4WNk"]Baddest Fight Scenes EVER! - King of the Kickboxers - YouTube[/ame]

Then, a montage of Loren Avedon of his training from King of Kickboxers and No Retreat, No Surrender 3.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6xgjhTvAIA"]YouTube[/ame]

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Gah, I watched this movie thinking it was serious...

Enter the Zombie

Anyone seen it?

Bloody awful...