Cheesey Kickboxing Movies!

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Korpy, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Cause of the Kickboxing boom throughout the 80's, and early/mid 90's weh ad a bunch of Kickboxing movies. And even though they were very cheesy, they were pretty great to watch if you ever needed a laugh or mindless action. Now I own the Kickboxer box set (Kickboxer, Kickboxer 2: The Road Back, Kickboxer 3: Art of War, Kickboxer 4: The Agressor, and Redpemption: Kickboxer 5)

I was wondering if anyone knew any other films like those. Also what do you think of them?

2. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Well, pretty much any Jean Claude Van Dam film. And the whole Bloodsport series.
    Also, not sure if this counts, but Resident Evil: Apocalypse featured a large number of zombies being kickboxed into submission.

3. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

Billy banks of tae-bo fame also feautured as a bad guy in one kickboxing film i remember, it was reallyu lame, with a pansy blonde star who fought the final scene dressed as one of those thai traditional dancers...the film sucked!

4. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

the worst/ best

no retreat no surrender.

in this movie a kid has to fight jean claude vandame....(before he was fammous)...he goes into an aboandon house and meets a ghost.....no ordinary ghost....but you guessed it.. the ghost of bruce lee

casper/bruce teachs the kid how to fight....he then goes on to fight vandam....i didnt watch the end of it cause a few buddies of mine were playing a drinking game...were we had to take a drink every time a cheesy ma cliqua was used.....and be being a lightweight drinker passed out

but im pretty sure the kid wins

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

King of the Kickboxers

6. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

"Kickboxing Academy" - Incredibly cheesey, only go near if you have your grade 5 cheese-proof suit on!

"Ring of Fire" - Kind of a mix between 80's hollywood kungfu and kick boxing. Pretty good, but typical 80's MA movie.

7. hux

hux ya, whatever.

not kickboxing, but there's not much better time than watching a Sonny Chiva movie while drinking :)

8. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

"Best of the best" is cheese on toast, but i like it!

9. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I love best of the best.

"Drop him like a toilet seat Tommy" :D

10. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Best of the best was bloody awful!!!!

11. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Hence why I love it, I have the same sort of opinion bull dogs they're so fugly they're cute.

12. path_one

path_one steps taken

There's many to list but lets see...

china o'brian anyone? with cynthia (put some weight on later) rothrock kicking butt in her home town to clear out the cowboy mafia!

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

"Best of the Best" is the geatest 80/90s movie of all time!

Ironically it is also Eric Roberts' only good movie.

"To save a life in defeat is to earn victory and honour, your Brother was a greater fighter, I deeply regret your loss and I offer myself as your Brother"

Lines like that is made from slices of fried gold.

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Some more great ones.

The King of Kickboxers - Loren Avedon fighting Billy Blanks in Thailand. Freakin classic.

No Retreat, No Surrender - Training under the ghost of Bruce Lee to defeat Van Damme as a Russian.

No Retreat, No Surrender 2 - Once again, Loren kicking ass in Thailand.

No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers - CIA + Kickboxing = great

American Kickboxer - The movie is so bad, yet I can't look away.

15. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

There was one of those "Kickboxer" movies where Burton Richardson bashed the heads of his opponants into the ground after he defeated them. Watching him do the Inosanto blend was fun.

16. wikidbounce

wikidbounce Valued Member

I liked King of the Kickboxers, still do. Billy Blanks used a signature finishing move in his fights which looked like something straight out of streetfighter2. It was a flying kick that strikes both sides of the head at the same time.

17. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

Oh man, Roadhouse. I totally forgot about Roadhouse.
    It's a classic of the genre. Patrick Swayze and his mullet play a bouncer in a honky tonk who kickbox a group a small town gangsters into submission.
    Absolute classic.

18. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Roadhouse isn't really a Kickboxing flick.

Anyone ever see American Kickboxer? It's so bad it's loveable.

19. kungfudoctor

kungfudoctor Free Kung Fu for all

king of the kickboxers isnt bad martial arts wise, loren avedon is a taekwondo man and does lots of semi flash kicks. but the highlight is keith cook as his teacher

20. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

And how about American Kickboxer 2: To The Death.

Sequel to American Kickboxer, with nothing to do with the original. It stars Dale Cook, and is just bad, but it's so bad it's good.