Chat Room

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by WorldChampTKD, Nov 28, 2003.

1. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

I cant get into the chat room, I click on it and it just takes me to a page tats says I have to be a registered user to chat, but I'v already logged in. Thats odd.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I had this problem too yesterday.

We're in the process of moving MAp to a new server so there are minor glitches around at the moment.

I cleared all my cookies and rebooted - seemed to cure it.

3. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

it still comes up with a balnk page that only says
    "User ID :
    User Name :
    Please register to use the chat facility"
    BUT I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN!! LOL, thanks for tryin' to help yoda, if you know what i should do, please let me know.

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

This is a common problem, but this seems to work.

Go to the Photo Gallery and click Log In. Then click the button to the Chat Room and it should let you in.

Try this, and let us know if it works :)

5. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

This tried-and-true method (log into photo gallery) isn't working for me today, either, so maybe it is a glitch as YODA stated above. If this were my PC, I'd clear the cookies, but it isn't, so... chat will have to wait!

6. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

The problem seems to effect all users that have 'Remember Username and password' set to 'no' in their options.

I'm intrigued in how the photo gallery trick works though.

7. YODA

One of computing's golden rules: If it works - why worry? :D

8. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

LOL, Too True. Don't touch anything trying to fix a prob that doesn't exist!

I've never had the problem with the chat... and I'm always logged in. Maybe I just don't visit chat enough?

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

:( Logging into Photo isn't working any more. Clearing cookies and rebooting doesn't help, either. Any suggestions? Are those "moving-to-new-server" glitches still occurring?
    Looks like no more chat for me... :( :( :( :( :(
    :cry:

10. YODA

Are you using Internet Explorer?

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Yes.

12. YODA

Hmmm..... so, chat WAS working and now it isn't. What did you change? Any browser changes? Security updates? Chat requires cookies from the MAP site to log you on. Try clearing not just your cookies but "All offline content" - Then log onto MAP at the home page.

13. Kinjiro Tsukasa

I'll try this again, but I customarily clear off everything everytime I get off the internet. What's so frustrating, is that I haven't changed anything at all. I was able to get into chat from my PC and my sister's PC; now I can't get in on either (my sister didn't change anything on her PC, either). ????? :(

14. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

KT - have altered your settings to 'remember password'. See if this fixes the situation (I believe it will). If you are on a shared PC, then just remember to logout of MAP when you are finished.

Let me know if you want this setting changed back for some reason.

James

15. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Thanks, hongkongfuey! That worked, and without my having to log into the Photo area!

16. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

What I do is right click on chat and do the open in new window thing.
    Maybe it would work for you guys too.