censoring my thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by smak, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smak

smak Valued Member+

hey guys i posted an informative thread in off topic at http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121470

it listed a news article and a link to another forum discussing an MMA match with Jon Fitch and a picture of him.

Moderator Mitch seems to have edited it and removed all links and i cant seem to get a response as to why.

can understand linking to another forum (although completely unrelated to martial arts) could be questionable.. but the post was butchered pretty bad leaving an open ended ubb code and pretty much removed of any useful data.

would appreciate some clarity on the matter.

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

So you started a thread to complain in public about the moderation? What do you hope to accomplish with this?

How about giving the MODS some time to respond? You only posted today after all. He only edited your post at 5:15. Which means even if you asked him why immediately afterwards, you only gave him three hours to respond before you decided he had enough time and posted your complaint here. Have you thought the mod in question might have a job, a family life, oh maybe be out TRAINING in martial arts? Not sitting around here 24 hours a day? Maybe he went out shopping? To a movie? He might live in a different time zone and be sleeping?

A reading through of the Terms of Service probably should answer all your questions. You can find it if you click on the Faq at the top - then click on terms of service. I found it in like two seconds.

But if you can't find it easily, here is a direct link

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/terms.php

I am sure if you are honest about the purpose of your post, and think of it in terms of the TOS, the answer will come to you.

BTW, I am fairly sure THIS thread violates the TOS too. But as I am not a moderator, I may be mistaken. I am sure we will find out soon enough.

How about starting a thread on your topic that focuses on discussion HERE- on MAP? Instead of directing people to another forum for discussion? Just a thought.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

smak, aaradia is correct. Discussing MOD action is against the ToS.

If you have an issue then please either e-mail or PM a member of the MOD Team.

I would suggest first reading the Terms of Service, which aaradia has kindly linked for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.