Cell Phone Suggestions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by KSN_Princess, Dec 1, 2010.

1. KSN_Princess

KSN_Princess Kuk Sool Won Princess

Hi EveryOne,

Last Saturday i spilled peppermint mocha latte on my cell phone!!! OMG but its still barely useable enough intill March rounds around when I can upgrade to a new cell phone.
    Any suggestions on any good cell phones that sprint has???
    FYI : I don’t what any cell phone that requires a data plan.
    Thanks

2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Depends on what you want out of a phone really.

If you want interweb, movies, MP3, games, and all that jazz then iPhone or any of the many, many Android (I recommend the Galaxy S but I think in the states it's called something different depending on the network) and new Windows 7 phones will do.

Now, if you want a phone to be a phone then I'm sure any of the entry level Nokias will do.

:)

3. KSN_Princess

Chimpcheng,
    thanks for ur advice!!!
    Im looking for a phone that has all or a couple of these:
    1. wifi enabled
    2. visual voicemail
    3. bluetooth
    4. camera / camcorder
    5. SD memory Card slot
    6. MP3 player
    7. FM radio

Im kinda lookin at - Samsung sleek , HTC Hero, Blackberry Curve
    I will mainly use it to take pics videos - listen to music surf the web & text

4. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Sounds like anyone of the 3 will work, just depends on how much $ you want to spend on an upgrade.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

iPhone every time

6. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

I know it's cruel but I just can't sympathise - you shouldn't have been drinking a "peppermint mocha latte" in fact NOBODY should drink them... :)

7. KSN_Princess

Why is that???

8. Moi

Still an iPhone

9. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

Having an iphone, i would agree but for some of the most basic operations, its pretty poo and there are better phones out there :woo:

Jailbreak it though, it becomes a whole different phone :cool:

10. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Because I am an old fashioned so and so....

When I was a lad Coffee was either black or white and with or without sugar - FOUR choices... That's enough already!!! (OK I do like Cappuccino) So let's say SIX choices... (with or without sugar).

11. Moi

My son jailbroke his and now regrets it as updating to the latest version just gets harder and harder. Good stuff when you do though

12. Chimpcheng

If those are your specs then that counts out iPhone as it doesn't have an SD card slot, but it has everything else (I think).

My last phone was a Blackberry Curve and when it comes to camera, video, internet, apps, it was pretty poor, with downloads taking an age. However, Blackberry's beat the hell out of all other phones when it comes to emails.

My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy S (I got this over the iPhone 4 and I've never looked back) and the only issue I have with it is the lack of camera flash, but then, if I wanted great photos I'd use my camera rather than my phone.

Some websites have those "Help me choose a phone" guides, where you input what you want and how much and it spits out a list of phones that might suit your needs. Have you used one of those yet?

13. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nokia N8 has all of that, and probably one of the best phone cameras you'll find to date.

It's also got an FM transmitter as well as a radio, so if you load music on to it you can then play it through any normal FM radio. Has an SD card slot as well, and there's no need to jailbreak to isntall whatever you want.

14. Chimpcheng

I'm not sure I like the aesthetics of the N8 but it has scored some pretty good reviews out there on the interweb.

At any rate, there are some awesome phones out there, most of which will do what you want it to do, though some you might have to make compromises - i.e. iPhone's lack of memory expansion and battery swap out, Android's lack of quality apps and general sexiness of the iPhone 4, Windows 7 mobile is, well, Windows...

I guess in the end, given that most phones will do what you want, it boils down to what you like the look of and the cost of your contract.