Cat bondage

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by YODA, Nov 5, 2002.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

An old Zen tale...

When the spiritual teacher and his disciples began their evening meditation, the cat who lived in the monastery made such noise that it distracted them. So the teacher ordered that the cat be tied up during the evening practice.

Years later, when the teacher died, the cat continued to be tied up during the meditation session. And when the cat eventually died, another cat was brought to the monastery and tied up.

Centuries later, learned descendants of the spiritual teacher wrote scholarly treatises about the religious significance of tying up a cat for meditation practice.

----- How many of us are still tying up cats ? :D

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Ah, that explains the strange ligature marks around your cat Dave, but not the ones on your rabbit. :)

Nice story,with a few different levels to look at.

You'll make a wise old Chinese master yet ;)

3. YODA

Yeah, and if I get enough lolly sticks I'll make him a big hat too :D

4. Andy Murray

Ok members, we owe Dave for various reasons, so please keep your lolly sticks for his amatuer craft project!

5. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

What is it about members on this forum and hurting cats? I just don't understand it?

;)

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Cats are evil parasitic creatures. Allow me to elaborate.

When you keep a dog you get some sort of return, a degree of safety and companionship. It'll fetch and carry for you. Even when you feed a hamster you can play with it (games such as hide and seek are always good).

When you get a cat it'll leave whenever it feels a whim to, it'll scratch you for no other reason than that its bored, it'll tolerate your petting only because its pleasurable for the cat. It does not care about you in the slightest beyond that you give it food.

7. YODA

As Andy will testify to - I love my pussy and would never do anything to hurt her :D

Jimmy: Not a cat person huh? Dogs behave the way they do because they are stupid slavering beasties - cats have more sense than run after sticks.

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Yep, and yet humans still fund and feed cats. Why?

I don't actually like dogs either, but at least they have some use. Cats would only be useful in the post-apocalyptic world when it starts to get cold.

9. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Why cats are useful ;)

"Being largely nocturnal, cats are associated with the moon. They are also credited with supernatural powers. Because of this reputation coupled with the sensual nature of cats, people in the middle ages were convinced cats were vessels of the devil or at least one of his minions, and so started killing them. They even played disgusting and barbaric games that involved the torture and death of cats.

Many believe today that this is what caused the severity of the plague that wiped out millions in the mid fourteenth century. The plague, or black death, as it was also known, was spread by rats, other rodents, and their flees. It could have been quite a bit less devastating to the human population of the time if they had left more cats alive to hunt. When the connection between the plague and rodents was finally made in the early fifteenth century, cats moved back into good graces, but by that time the plague had wiped out 1/3 of the population of Europe or 25 million people."

Dogs are just thick loveable but thick. Cat's they take a good bit of understanding which is why I love them so much.

10. YODA

See - someone else understands :D

Cats Rock
    Dogs errrrr...... don't

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Cats are evil vicious creatures that get away with repeated assassination attempts on their owners.

Dogs are just dumb enough to obey.

12. YODA

I rest my case :D

13. Andy Murray

How did a post about a Zen story descend into Cats vs Dogs?

14. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Jimmy!

when you mentioned playing hide and seek with a hamster ....er...what exactly did you mean?

i think i should call the RSPCA.......

I wondered why you walked with a strange gait on sunday!!!

15. YODA

Now now - that's no way to talk about Jimmy's training partner :D

16. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

I meant when they escape from their cage and dissappear into the ether until they feel like returning, mocking you with their evil, glinting black eyes as they are suddenly back in a tightly sealed cage with no escape.

Why, what kind of games do you play with hamsters? The ones involving duct tape?

17. Sean O

Sean O New Member

I have two cats at home. I would agree that they don't really do a hell of a lot for you, but they're entertaining.

My cats love to kill bugs, and sometimes I'll let a moth in or something to watch them chase it around the house, jumping up to try and catch it in midair but JUST missing it :).

Also, sometimes they will fetch! But it's never anything I throw for them, its always just a dead mouse or something.

Plus, one of my cats has these huge owl like eyes, and whats even better is that it likes to stare at you. So I could be watching TV doing absolutely nothing interesting at all and it would be there, it's eyes boring into my mind... :eek:

But I think thats really what pets are for though (aside from companionship), entertainment!

Sean O

18. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Hay Yoda,

Just want to check this has nothing to do with a cat that ran rings around you last weekend :D

He's in training for you next visit BTW & say's "you ain't got nothin"

elhig

19. Greyghost

Greyghost Alllll rrigghty then!

Hi jimmy,

you brought the hamster up mate.......now i know why it keeps running away.....

"come back little hamster...you got a sweet mouth"

;)

ps...glad to see you made it home ok

20. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Nah, we used to have a psychotic hamster, and I mean truly psychotic. Eventually we got fed up with it attacking the bars of its cage and put it outside in the guinea pigs old hutch. It promply chewed through thick wood and dissappeared into the garden for a week.

During that time the rat infestation in the shed vanished, and we found two dead rats in there, throats torn to shreds. A neighbour also complained that their rabbit had been killed, but relented when we said it couldn't have been our cat because we didn't have one.

After that week the hamster reappeared in its hutch, and was put back into a safe metal cage, as usual using big, heavy, armoured leather gauntlets designed for handling dangerous dogs or catching sword blades.