Castle Crashers!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tatsumaru, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Personally I haven't had that much experience with the xbox live arcade games before today. I've always been a bit loathe to pay out for microsoft points when a lot of the games i might want to play on the live arcade can be found amongst my mega drive collection, especially as microsoft are pretty cheeky about it and make you pay for more points than you strictly need. A lot of my friends have recently been ranting about a new game though, called Castle Crashers, which they've been claiming is frankly a lot more fun than some of the xbox 360 games they've been shelling out £30+ for.

So today I finally gave in and decided to try out the full game for myself, after playing a bit of the demo of course which I thought was a pretty good laugh. Basically I think this might have been one of the best purchases I've made for the 360! I went over to a friends house straight after buying it and we had originally planned to give it a quick go and then maybe go to the pub or into town. Instead me and 3 friends ended up playing it for something like 5 hours solid...nuff said!

I would definitely recommend this game to anyone with a bit of spare cash to invest in MS points, it is one of the most expensive on the xbox live arcade at 1,200 points but it is worth every penny. Hideously addictive gameplay, cool RPG elements, some great (although not very highbrow :p ) humour and a brilliant co-op experience make it a much more worthwhile purchase than some of the crud I've seen being sold in game stores these days (I'm looking at you rubbish movie cash-ins!).

If anybody else has it I'd love to have a game with some MAP people sometime, and if you haven't got it, go get it so I can have a game with some of you people sometime!