carruthers vs shamrock

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Gripfighter, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

What like this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ujz5sCS3k"]YouTube - Marcelo Garcia rolling with Ben Askren[/ame] ? I don't even know what he does at 6m 40seconds!

2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

3. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

there you go!
    Kunkli (Hungarian) vs Bob Sapp
    from yesterday
    look at the difference in weight!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxu_3mJdAzw"]YouTube - Bob Sapp vs Kunkli Tivadar k.o. K-1 Budapest 2011.05.01.[/ame]

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  4. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

What are you getting at with this video? The one's a thai boxer I've never heard of and the other's an old boxer competing under k1 and mma rules but always with a size advantage.

5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

6. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

thats why I posted the videos.
    just checked Ernestos fight with sapp was nice example against and old fella Who won against ernesto.
    this just happened yesterday so I thought I dont wanna start any new thread for this guy without name but more than 300 won fight.
    I hope you didnt get hurt because of this posted here.

7. icefield

icefield Valued Member

i still dont understand, that video didnt have hoost in it, and wasnt a demo of a technique then showing it in a fight like we were talking about, so how exactly does it fit in with the discussion?

8. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

might you interested in:

Kunkli Tivadar Born: 1964. 06. 19., Miskolc
    178 cm/70 kg
    thai box world champion 1993,
    europian champion 1990, 6x hungarian champion
    390 fight / 389 win / 1 lost

9. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

See I don't think a crucifix is a good name for that position as they aren't in the shape of one as they would be with a regular one from the top of bottom. Never even heard of a seven choke, is it like a RNC with a gable grip?

10. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

just try to shape to the common postingwise
    I ve realized anything can be post anywhere no matter whats the topic about.
    :D

11. Master Betty

the hungarian hasn't had 390 fights. Thats right up there with the most competitive thais at the end of their careers and they've been fighting since they were 5/6 years old most of the time.

Maybe he's had loads of interclubs or "amateur" crap. he certainly hasn't got more pro fights under his belt than the thais.

12. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Come on MB he lost 1!:)

13. Master Betty

Lol thanks for pointing that out to me - i actually hadn't noticed that amazing statistic.

14. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

15. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I am sure you have the same stats.Mr Pro :D

16. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Bob Sapp is no boxer and never has been :)

He beat Ernesto when he was in his prime, at which point he was very hard to deal with due to his raw strength and athletisism for such a big guy - 370lb and 10% body fat, thats a lot of muscle!

However beating him isn't quite the same nowadays, props to Kunkli though, that was an aboslutely lovely elbow.

17. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

+1

18. Master Betty

I don't mean he boxed professionally - it's simply his style of fighting. And beating ernesto or not - he still had 50kg on him.

19. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

there is no boxing style at all.just punches how it comes.
    He mostly shoot straight lead from side like a Cowboy in 1821.
    rather funny then pro lookin punches..

20. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

FWIW I believe Bob Sapp was ex-NFL and pro-wrestling. Crappy fighter with a patchy record who was carried on the addmittedly broad shoulders of his tremendous size advantage. I wouldn't wanna tangle with the man though to put it mildly.