carruthers vs shamrock

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Gripfighter, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

is this right?

Ken Shamrock hand picks his instructors at the various Lion's Den locations and strives to keep focus, composure and heart top priority in his gym.

Popular Disciplines
    Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a term used for no-holds-barred, full contact, combat sport that allows a wide variety of fighting techniques, from a mixture of martial arts traditions and non-traditions

Stand-Up: Various forms of boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, and forms of full contact karate are trained to improve footwork, elbowing, kicking, kneeing and punching.

Clinch: Freestyle and Greco-Roman wrestling, Sambo, and Judo are trained to improve clinching, takedowns and throws, while Muay Thai is trained to improve the striking aspect of the clinch.

Ground: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, shoot wrestling, catch wrestling, Judo, and Sambo are trained to improve submission holds, and defense against them. These styles are also trained to improve and maintain ground control.

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Neither have you but his guys have fought successfully internationally. Go figure. Just because you don't like the titles they won does not mean they did not do it. Your constantly trying to bash JKD on every thread but know nothing really about the people in it or the art based on your blinkered perception of what martial arts is.

If you read my posts carefully you will see clearly that I am no your run of the mill Bruce Lee or JKD fanatic but I do have respect for anyone who has been there and done it based on my personal experience with them. Whether you agree is irrelevant as by your own admition your not actually up there of have been living long enough to know enough about these people are you?

3. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

What do you mean? Perhaps you do not know what you are looking at?

I'm not a Shamrock fan either really. I just believe in common sense.

Not meaning to be rude but if you just look at the takedowns and think Judo or Jiu-jitsu then that speaks volumes about your MA knowledge.

My point was that nowhere in caruthers video do we actually see him lay a hand on someone in a real fighting senario. It's all theatrics and demos that attempt to support the notion of him as a deadly street fighting martial god. Kens on the other hand is full of actual fight footage against highly reputable opponants that are actually trying to smash his face into bloody pulp. Bas Rutten is shown being choked out in that hl reel... Bas is a multiple King of Pancrace an absolute legend in the world of MMA and hard as nails. These are the people Shamrock is fighting and beating in that video. Tommy is just wailing on his dummy and doing some cool bodyweight stuff. They are worlds apart.

4. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Lol don't bring up the titles again. You still didn't tell me which his guys had or which organisations or at which weight. Please tell me you understand english and can read this. preferably in a PM so you don't derail this thread wi yer constant BS.

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

And I'll bring up who I like if I think its relevant to a question posed in any thread. Your not my mother and I will say what I want young man.

6. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

doesnt matter my knowledge sir.instead of watching histories I try to do something useful thats why I mostly try to find videos about technics I can fitt into my system.
    I dont underestand then why you guys try to compare peoples with different background and demolish names and background distrespectfully?
    why do not post your fights your videos here to learn something from your clips and teach me how to do different stuffs and pro fighting methods??
    this mean rude to me if you dont mind my oppinion.

7. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Actually, most of the people who have the same sort of opinions as myself and killa etc. have already posted videos of fights and sparring. I even started a thread on it and had hardly anyone actually post. In my own disappointed opinion I think because it would put the lie to the various claims made by people on this website.

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Ken's heel hooks make me cry.
    Can you imagine someone with an upper body like that slapping on a heel hook!?!?
    My whole body would dislocate.

9. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

pls post me I didnt went trough all topics.
    I wish to watch you guys and see hows Pros things.
    thanks

10. Killa_Gorillas

The fact that you are unable to see the differnce between certain grappling approachs and skills makes me doubt your knowledge of MA's in terms of how broad it is and in terms of how exposed you are to MMA and progressive training methodologies. If you saw that video and only saw takedowns then that is a failing in your knowledge and perception and I am not to blame for that.

Thats not what is happening. I'm simply stating that there is overwhelming evidence hat Ken Shamrock is a more seasoned and better experienced fighter than Tommy and that if a challenge match had of occured (which was the topic of the op) then he would emerge the victor easily.

Not that it has any bearing on the conversation but I'll answer you anyway... The reason is because I'm simply a student and there are others far better placed to showcase their material for the benefit of others.
    The best thing I can do to help people is what I already do which is engage in debate here and share technical information and exchange ideas with posters of all abilities and backgrounds.

11. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I am not unable to see the difference.I just dont care.let me decide what I wanna see and find interesting or not.no matter your doubt at all.
    I do what I do and as You ve mentioned and I liked most in your last part of your post the best thing is share those stuffs thats what I do in the gym goes to others and train with them without think whats my knowledge simply just help others to being better because I respect to see peoples stand out and try stuffs and thats the point of all.
    Kem Shemrock kinda videos doesnt give me any plus in technically because all situations happened just there and only that second.thts not what I am looking for.not even useful.
    thanks

12. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

but the question wasn't who would win it was did this actually happen or is it a long running joke because iv herd it mentioned a few times.

13. Killa_Gorillas

I never speculated as to why you could not tell the difference just stated that you couldn't - and you can't, because as you already said "you don't care" enough to learn. This gap in your knowledge shows me your knowledge is not as broad as it could be and that you might not be very progressive in your training or thinking on the martial arts and therefore makes me treat your opinion with a degree of caution. Not being rude, just being honest and clarifying my point.

Yeah, learn and share, it's a good thing. :cool:

I'm not sure what you mean.

14. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I like this judgement mate. I didnt know we turning off to find out whats my knowledge and what I couldnt and cant...:rolleyes:

I didnt say I dont care enough to learn.I love to learn.SOMETHING USEFUL.
    not watching history.might U mistundersand something probably because my poor english..sorry about it.
    I train strong enough dont worry ;)

15. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

You didnt clarify your point you just turning somewhere else to talk about me which is make nonsense.

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

He not the only one that is make nonsense.

17. Killa_Gorillas

dude, if you knew jack about grappling you'd be able to tell the difference and wouldn't have to speculate about Ken's base. End of.

18. Killa_Gorillas

I'm not talking nonsense... I'm saying you clearly did not know how to evaluate what you were looking at. The evidence of this is in the thread and in your own words.

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Slightly off-topic but I cannot really post videos of me doing things combative. Although it is common knowledge I teach and train, videos create LOTS of problems

20. Browneagle

Browneagle Valued Member

Inosanto Martial Arts Maybe

But Not JKD :)