Cardio Kickboxing

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Ninja*Rina, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Ninja*Rina

Ninja*Rina Bint Biter

Anyone ever heard of it, I went to a class tonight and it was fantastic.
    really good for exercise and surprisingly good for techniques, I never thought it would be.

heehee :D

2. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

yeah its grat for cardio. wont learn to fight from it though and the majority of the techniques are altered from muay thai or kickboxing

3. Ninja*Rina

Ninja*Rina Bint Biter

well its not really meant to be used for fighting, mainly for fitness, but you get punches and kicks, and if you decide to go for them properly its good practice, and the toys are fun to play with.

4. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I have to agree with Ikken. Cardio Kickboxing is called that because its a cardio workout, nothing much else. Yes you should maybe use the techniques but realisitcally they dont practice like that. You fight the air to get fit basically

5. EUWW!

Sorry - I hate cardio kickboxing, kickboxercise etc. Might be good for CV, so is running and regular kickboxing.

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Yes... I've been teaching it for 5 years now --at martial art schools and at gyms

We don't fight air....

My classes utilizes wavemaster/hanging heavy bags, gloves/wraps, target shields ... plus I have incorporated a variety of bodyweight/free weight strength training exercises.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  7. If you do it properly, good luck. If you do it like most I've seen, goodbye ;)

Thank God :D

The way it should be done. It's not personally for me, but IF you are doing it properly then fair enough. Could you briefly detail how a class would go, if possible?

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'm a certifed instructor in both kickboxing (CardioKarate) and fitness ... I can attest that I "do it right".