captains of crush_ dont know any one to buy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by El-Guapo, May 21, 2008.

1. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

hi,
    I am 16 year old teen.
    I weight 65 kg and can do 3 10 kg weighted pull ups and 5 10 kg weighted chin ups.
    I am gonna buy grippers and I am confused, should I buy the trainer and no.1 or the no.1 and no.1.5
    plus
    is it better to buy it from amazon or should I buy it directly from iron mind.

thanks for your help in advance

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I had a fairly weedy grip when I started and I closed the trainer pretty quickly - within a few weeks. You're probably best off getting the #1 only to start with.

What country are you in? If you're in the UK, I'd highly recommend these guys:

http://www.londonkettlebells.com/captains-of-crush.html

3. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I would suggest that you start out with the trainer unless you already have an unusually strong grip strength. I do believe Iron Mind offers a warranty of some sort so you may wish to consider buying directly from them, unless Amazon sells them for less.

4. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply
    I am from the middle east
    So the shipment would be international
    thank you

5. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

hey,
    thanks for your suggestion
    and no, the price is the same either in amazon or ironmind
    other help would be highly appreciated
    cheers

6. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

so....
    I hope to get more help on this guys :)

7. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'd say go with Amazon. I doubt it'd make a huge difference who you buy from.

As for which one to go for. I recommend the #1, Ular Sawa recommends the #T. Either of us could be right or wrong. If you have spare cash, get both. At the very least, if you are too strong for the #T, you could use it for warming up on or three-finger closes.

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

My original thought was that a Trainer might be better for a sixteen year old. I never used a Trainer as they didn't make them at first so I started out with a #1.

It's your call.....

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Get the number one. If it's too hard, there are ways you can use it to build up to eventually closing it, but if the trainer is too easy it's useless.

10. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

thanks you gus for your help it really helped me
    Since yesterday I knew that I can do one chin up with 15 kgs
    I think I am gonna start with the #1 and even buy a powerball because it is about 20$ so It will help me with the #1
    cheers

11. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Hello, TKD 4ever

The average man's strength in grip is around 110 lbs. Most grippers out there are at stores is around 60 to 80 lbs.. Rearly are they over 100lbs. That is what I found to be true.

If I had it to do all over I would have bought one of those universal grippers that uses springs that can build up in weight by where the spring's are located. The most advanced version of a universal gripper is the Vulcan gripper. That being said I would have bought like the cheaper version of universal gripper than once I broke the 250lbs grip I would have bought the Vulcan.

There are some things you need to know about gripping. The first thing grippers are only used to train the closing grip of the hand. This means like to close your hand, not for maintain the close grip, there are other methods of training for that. Like the grabbing the center of a weight and holding and lifting for some quantity of lifts. A judoka will take a gi and put it over like a pull-up bar and practice maintaining the close grip while doing pull-ups with it.

12. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

Thanks buddy for your advice
    having that said
    I will just spend more money and buy a trainer,#1,#1.5
    thanks a lot

13. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

I bought a set of heavy grippers ranging from 100 lbs. to 300 lbs.. I could easily close the 100, 150, and 200lb. grippers.

You will need to do stretches for the hand it is very important. Check youtube of thing on carpel tunnel syndrome, there are some yoga people that put up video of good stretches and the mudras help as well. At least that is what I use them for.

Pinch grip and other thing training the holding strength.

look on: 'The gripboard' and the 'British hand strength forum' out there as well.

14. El-Guapo

El-Guapo MMA'ER

thanks alot brother that is really helpful
    sorry for the delay because I had problems with the internet and coudn't log on
    the videos helped
    thank you