[Capoeira] check out these videos

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by hizbullah, Jun 29, 2003.

1. hizbullah

hizbullah New Member

2. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

Go to a breakdancing class (or 'bboying' as I believe its called). This way you won't get laughed at when you ask at a reputable martial arts academy if they will teach you this!

I'm not saying anymore...

[calm blue ocean calm blue ocean]

3. hizbullah

hizbullah New Member

but many of these guys say that they are martial artist and they study martial arts like tae kwon do, capoeira and you know some other stuff so i thought capoiera was the best (for these kinds of tricks) now you are saying there is no martial art that teaches you backflip ,twist and some other tricks i'm really confused??

4. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Capoeira

This teaches all the tricks and backflips

SONSHU:D

5. PantherFist

PantherFist Valued Member

You should also think of trying the chinese art of WuShu, this art is more like martial gymnastics than true martial arts

6. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

hmmm...A lot of the tricks strongly resembled capoeira....but I could tell it wasn't pure capoeira...it was mixed with something like taekwando perhaps.

And yes...capoeira teaches you all those tricks and back flips
    and a hell of a lot more;)

7. uncommonthinker

uncommonthinker New Member

Cool Tricks for Hizbullah

Hizbulla. The video clips that you have listed there are diffeerent moves of a 400(+ or-) yr old fighting style known as Capoeira. Capoeira was developed by African slaves while they were on the slave ships traveling to Brazil. It is a very beautiful and past-paced style of fighting that is Brazil's number 2 sport (soccer is 1), and is gaining rapid popularity throughtout the world. The slaves developed this art for self-defense purposes against crual slave owners. One interesting note about Capoeira is that rarely(if ever) will you attempt to strike with your hands. Most (if not all) moves use leg kicks, jumps, spins, flips, and locks. The reason for this is because the slaves' hands were often chained and so they had to develop an art that specialized the use of the legs. Hopes this helps. There are some good Capoeira sites out there if you know where to look.

8. Hakko-Ryu

Hakko-Ryu New Member

There's a term for that type of martial arts, and there's a WHOLE world and society pretty much devoted to it...it's called NEO KARATE...or what i call it "Power Rangers" karate...BUT HEY like everything there are SOME benefits in learning NEO KARATE, one you can be in movies if you have the looks and get good enough or be a stunt man etc. 2 you can make a lot of other new friends by going into their social "neo warrior" cliq. 3. you will get a black belt in a year and a bit if you work hard. But you probably won't be learning much martial arts martial arts, if you get what I'm saying. Probably alot of cool looking (useless) aerial flying kicks and punches with maybe (if you're lucky) a drop of self defense. The "art" in martial arts has been completely raped in neo karate type schools. it pretty much has become a show of flashiness and "who can do the most kicks in one jump" type of deal. But if you're into that stuff, and I know a lot of people are, then go right on ahead! Step on in to a Mcdojo near you.

A BILLION BLACK BELTs SERVED.