[Capoeira] Capoeira the best martial art

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Capoeira, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capoeira

Capoeira New Member

Since I have Practiced Capoeira About 3 years I have conclusion. I think Capoeira is the best martial art since it involves a lot of rhytym. IT IS THE BEST

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Congratulations :p

3. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Okay, alot of arts have alot of arts have rhythm, saying one art in the best is a pretty stupid thing to say unless you have done every art there is. So is comming on a forum saying;

It is a matter of opinion.

4. Capoeira

Capoeira New Member

Ok, JediMasterChris I think it is not a stupid thing to say. I have analyzed with my friends each martial art. My friends practice jujitsu, karate, kick boxing. I have experienced combat with them and thanks to my technique i won. they had more experience than I. And thanks to my long distance kicks and high capacity of interception in kicks I won.

5. YODA

Congratulations :D

Now then - are you going to contribute anything to the discussions here or just tell us how great you are again?

6. Capoeira

Capoeira New Member

Well, moderator, I you mind, the point of this discussion was to acknowledge Capoeiras advantages and disadvantages related to other martial ARTS!
    thats what i wanted

7. YODA

No - what you did was state that your art was the best - that's a conclusion not a discussion.

8. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

yeah and its not even a good conclusion

9. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Oh, and thats every art?

10. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

yeah that really covers the specturm of arts that are available

11. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Oh and how do we know your friends aren't dumb ****s? Just because they have more years in than you doesn't mean they are better. I have beaten people who have been into MA for a long time too. All you are telling me is that your friends stuck to their own style and wouldn't adapt to your technique of fighting, this does NOT prove you are better in any way.

12. Jay

Jay New Member

It certainly helps you get 'jiggy with it' on the dance floor ! :D

Jay

13. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Haha! I agree! :D

14. Tintin

Tintin Cats: All your base...

The best martial art?

If there's any good in the world, please tell me we're not about to go through all this again! :rolleyes:

15. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

There is no best martial art.

16. officer_fujita

officer_fujita New Member

I didn't quite get the thing with "interception kicks". As far as I know (and from what our contra-mestre have taught us), capoeira doesn't intercept attacks- which is why we have "esquiva", "role", "giratorio" and "au" among the many *evasive* techniques against attacks.

Please explain further. :)

17. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Here is a thought in the capoeira front

During a pride tournament - the grand master 0 hulke I think his name was entered the frame.

He was quickly kicked senceless by Mark Kerr. Where was his great skill when a 260lbs man was kneeling on him punching him in his head.

I have seen some Capoeira students fighting and was far from convinced as they are at silly angles. Give me ITF TKD any day (and I hate TKD).

SONSHU

18. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

There is no best style. Its all about the individual and his/her teacher that makes somebody a "good martial artist".

19. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

But there are avarage styles

There are also great, good, avarage, poor, RUBBISH schools.

If you go to an avarage style and a great school you are doing well.

If you go to a great style and a Rubbish school your not doing too well. As a style I dont think it is overly practical from what I have seen and also it helps to have a good style and a good school, you are well on the right track.

VERY few say Jujitsu is crap, yet many say TKD is - there must be some rational for it - playing devils advocate?

SONSHU

20. Cain

Cain New Member

No! No! No! No! No! No!

Cain Do Charlie is the best martial arts there is!!!!!

:D:D:D

|Cain|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.