[Capoeira] Capoeira Manchester

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by madmike, Nov 24, 2006.

1. madmike

madmike ow that hurt not

hi, im looking for a caporia club in manchester. i live in stockport but i dont think ill find a club there. so im asking to anyone know of any clubs around manchester?

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

3. capoeirascience

capoeirascience New Member

youre lucky if u live near manchester cos you get to train with Contra Mestre Parente. ... he's a really cool guy and has such a nice style. he's my second favourite capoeirista in the UK. he comes down to london to give us a class every now and again and i really work those sweet complex combos he gives us.

4. Adamutto

Adamutto New Member

i used to go there in liverpool, he is a very cool guy. unfortunatly i wasnt in the financial position to take a £3 train fair followed by a £5 lesson 2x a week. Perente is awesome indeed, he probably doesnt like me now i quit :( but my friend still goes and its been over a eyar now and they are very good freinds, its well worth going to, and Perente is a good guy

5. WalkingThePath

WalkingThePath www.gplus.to/jayboyle

I can back up all that has been said - Parente is an amazing chappy, and good fun to boot!
    The classes in manchester are awesome, though they are dotted around - I think they are tuesday, thursday and sunday.
    Though the link frodocious supplied is the same club, take a look at www.manchesterliverpoolcapoeira.co.uk instead, it's the new website for the club (though it is still under construction, so any mishaps/bad links, please don't think ill of us!!)
    I have trained with Parente for almost a year now (on and off - teaching taekwon do takes a lot of my time now) and can honestly say I have loved every minute of it. the club is great, and in cordao de ouro you get a nice rounding in all areas of capoeira.
    Any questions feel free to PM me.
    Amigo Dele

6. simmy

simmy New Member

Im new to capoeira and have just started in manchester after doing lots of research.
    I agree with all of the positive comments about Mestre Parente above, he is a really nice guy and especially good to beginners, the whole group is incredibly welcoming.

There is another capoeira class i recommend in manchester too, I think its relatively new and run by a guy called Danny, his class is on tuesdays 7.30-9.30, £5, at the dancehouse in manchester, he is an excellent teacher and as the classes are quite small, about 6, the training you get from Danny is so thorough and patient. At the moment there is not an official website, he is in the process of making one, but info can be found on the dancehouse site.

do check both out if you can, the classes are on different days so you could do it all if our legs dont give out!!
    enjoy
    S

7. zebs

zebs New Member

hi, im looking for a caporia club in manchester. i live in stockport but i dont think ill find a club there. so im asking to anyone know of any clubs around manchester?

Yes there is another class in Manchester, Capoeira Conviver, taught by Mestre Valdir, The association started in Santos, Brazil 15 years ago and has been in manchester about 5 years. Mestre Valdir has been teaching capoeira for 22 years. The classes are at St Lukes Neighbourhood Centre, Longsight. Doors open at 7.30pm, access via door bell. The group is small and friendly. There are regular workshops and batizadosClasses include movement, music, portuguese and roda.www.capoeira-conviver.com
    facebook - capoeira conviver

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2012
  8. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Pssst - you're five years too late.

Welcome to the fold though. :D