Capo styles (Cordao de Ouro)

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Bozza Bostik, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I might have to stop training with my regular capoeira group (senzala) because of work issues. There's a couple of Angola groups and a Cordao de Ouro group.

What's Cordao de Ouro like? Any idea about the differences between senzala and CDO? I know they play a closer, tighter game but that's about it.

I'll probably go anyway as I enjoy capoeira a lot and the core strength and flexibility you develop seems to have done wonders for my back. Far better than the months of physio I have had and a fraction of the price. :D

2. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Don't know much about them, but their style does close and tight, judging from their videos. It couldn't hurt to just try out the groups you're able to visit.

3. Bozza Bostik

Thanks!

Yeah, I have no choice really if I want to play. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

4. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I'm not really good enough at Capoeira to be able to compare styles, but the place I trained at was Cordao de Ouro and they were a good bunch of people with a nice feel to the group. That probably isn't really very helpful though! :cool:

5. Bozza Bostik

You're right, not that helpful. :D

Actually when I was googling, a CDO club that I guess is in your area came up. Seemed like a nice place though, big group and tons of feeling and energy.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

:ban: ;) :D

That's the feeling I got when training with them. Plus at the AGM of the Student class, they provided ice cream for everyone - that, to me, is the sign of an EXCELLENT group! :)

7. Bozza Bostik

It would explain the high turn out as well.