Canadian Budo

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by K_Coffin, Apr 17, 2004.

1. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Hey everyone,

Since it's polite, I'll introduce myself. My name is Kelly, I'm from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and I'm studying Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu with Bujinkan Hayabusa Dojo in Saskatoon.

I've never done any martial arts before this, and so far it has been very rewarding. I really could care less about which martial art is "better" or which one came first, because this is the one that I identify with. I've been enjoying myself, and developing a number of good qualities that had been overlooked before.

See you in the forums,

Kelly

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Welcome to MAP! Glad to have you aboard. Did you bring the snacks?

3. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I'll be the second Bujinkan person to welcome you to MAP!

4. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

Well KT may be the second Bujinkan person to welcome you but I will be the first Canadian! Welcome from a neighbour to the east! Have fun, eh!

5. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Hi Kelly and welcome to MAP. It's great to see that you already realise that there is no "best art." Saves a lot of arguing :D Iy's great to have you here.

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

alreet Kelly, welcome to the MAP madhouse :D

7. gojuman

gojuman Valued Member

While driving through western Canada, a couple from the US became lost.
    "Harry! Where are we?" asked the wife. "Why don't you ask that guy where we are?" she continued.
    "OK." replied Harry, and he got out of the car to speak with the man. "Excuse me, sir. Would you mind telling me where we are, please?" asked Harry.
    "Saskatoon, Saskatchewan." answered the man.
    "Thanks" said Harry, and he got back into his car with his wife.
    "Well. What did he say?" she begged. "Where are we?"
    Harry replied. "I don't know. He does'nt speak english!"

8. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Hey guys and girls,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Good to see a (mostly) mature forum to discuss interesting MA stuff. It's been a bit of a tough search. Good too see you guys here though.

And I hope crab cakes are okay for this party, Kurohana. It's all I've got.

9. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Welcome to MAP! :)

10. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Thank you very much for the welcomes. I am already taking advantage of the many open and strong minds here and have learned alot.

11. Omicron

Omicron is around.

It's always nice to see another fellow Canuck around here. Welcome to MAP, eh?

12. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Why thank you, eh? Good to hear from other canucks too.