Can women defend themselves against men?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by FF1994, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Right, and since men are bigger, stronger, and faster, this becomes exponentially harder to do to a man when you're a woman.

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You also don't knoe what ad hominem means....I think you are a moron obviously, but I am only focusing on the asinine and already disproven nature of your argument

Even when you move your goal posts people still score....that alone should show what an idiotic stance it is

Video links now working

3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Teh REALZ!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4GvW6mAHPw"]Defending against multiple opponents - YouTube[/ame]

4. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Once again, 99.99% of female martial artists are not on the level of professional fighters. Also, jiu jitsu doesn't allow hitting, and if those men were allowed to strike her, that could've ended very differently. As for the female boxer one, many people believe that was a fake prank. And again, she's a professional.

5. David Harrison

First off, we are talking about a spectrum. I guarantee there are women who have more mass, more strength and are faster than you.

Secondly, it is not an exponential curve of difficulty.

6. Hannibal

My assistant in my dojo would kick the **** out of you

But that would not be self defense either....it would be a fight. Because you have no actual real world experience, and the.experience you do have is in a limited systematic approach, you cannot grasp this

7. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Self defense demonstrations are usually the furthest thing from reality. They're mostly for entertainment. If you think a woman can fend off multiple attackers, you're dreaming. There is no video evidence of this either.

8. Hannibal

And a woman

Who beat men

Easily

Your own argument self destructs under its own stupidity

9. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

If your assistant is a woman, no, she would not be able to defeat me. Almost any man has the ability to beat her up with no little to no effort. I'm sorry, but that's reality.

10. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

You didn't even read my argument. I said a vast majority of women have no chance against a man. I already stated many times professional female fighters are rare exceptions. Nice try.

11. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Actually there aren't. Look up the world record lifts for female powerlifting. The top few are heavy steroid abusers and only 3 are listed who bench press more than me (340 lbs). Again, they're heavy steroid abusers, and even they are extremely, extremely rare.

12. Hannibal

So let's summarize....

22 year old greenhorn with a misogynistic slant and no real world experience

Many well trained and widely experienced martial artists - including recognized EXPERTS in use of force - many who have been training longer than he has been alive (and at least one of which has t shirts older than aforementioned greenhorn)

Gee.... who to believe........

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

FF1994, don't ignore the questions above.

14. Hannibal

Vast majority of men have no chance either

Learn to actually form a cogent argument

15. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Yes, we're taught about avoiding fights at all costs and only acting in self defense. The weapons we train are guns, knives, nunchucks, staff, and escrema. Our instructor is NRA certified in teaching guns and highly recommends them before anything else, especially for women since they have less of a chance of fending off a man.

We cover multiple assailants. Students are thrown in with multiple students attacking them at once. It's usually hell, but we all know you don't beat multiple assailants; you survive them.

I'm trying to reply to everyone, but there are so many comments, it gets difficult.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  16. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

A majority of men have no chance against a man? What?? Lol try to make sense.

17. Hannibal

Escrima isn't a weapon so I can only imagine what that looks like....

18. David Harrison

Such is the power of the pee-pee!

Hannibal, could we get video of this guy "easily beating up" your assistant please? ;)

19. Hannibal

Correct

Violent encounters will usually end badly for the recipient with no experience in violence

Which you would know if you actually had experience outside the doing

Basics boy, basicz

20. Hannibal

It would be a massacre

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.