Can women defend themselves against men?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by FF1994, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Okay I'll put it another way.

Your sexist attitude isn't welcome around here.

On MAP we treat women on a level playing field. If you don't like that you can leave.

You'll note that other than the women's self defence forum their are no female specific forums. That's because we are all equal here.

The only specific forum we have is for disabled martial arts.

There is still an issue around women's sport. It's getting better but there is still work to do. Many are still dealing with issues around their looks, rather than for their skill.

Here on MAP we'll not stand for such sexist behaviour.

Your views are sexist and as I've said not all men are capable of defending themselves.

How do I know this. It's because I've been training for over 30 years, teach a martial art that is more focused on SD rather than sport and because I've trained men and women alike and can tell you there have been good and bad in all sexes.

I'll say for the last time this is the self defence forum and we're not interested in going toe to toe.

I've seen many like you over the years.

They come to me saying, I had to leave my last club because even the instructor couldn't spar with me.

People like you don't last the first lesson.

So in summary loose the sexist attitude or don't post.

This all may sound a bit harsh, but it's not an attitude we want on MAP.

2. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Yeah, because 99.99% of women who train in self defense are even in the league as ronda rousey. *eye rolll* And what's wrong with a shirt that's states a factually correct statement?

3. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Please stop with the feminism. It's not sexist. Explain how it's sexist to understand women are NOT on the same playing field as men. Can the average woman beat the average man? Of course not. Can a trained woman beat a trained man? Of course not. Why are you simply ignoring the biological differences between men and women? Use your brain for once instead of labeling the truth "sexist." And "equality" doesn't exist in the real world. There's a reason women take extra precations when they go out. This isn't Hollywood where 100 lb women can beat up linebackers.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  4. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

When there is a lack of evidence for something, we don't believe it. That's how the scientific method works.

5. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I'm a 3rd degree blackbelt in Tang Soo Do and have been doing it for over 10 years. We're Conservatives and that's probably why I haven't been fed the feminist lies you have. We do full contact sparring, and we're all fully aware women are not on the same playing field as men. We live in reality, not fantasy.

6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

If you don't know a single woman who's kicked a man's **** then your training must suck.

You talk about averages but have no idea what that means. Yes, on average men are bigger and stronger than women, but how many people lie in that average? How much can technique make up for differences in mass and strength? Well, if your technique stinks then it won't do much.

7. Simon

Self defence forum. It's not a trained women against a trained man.

The sexist label stands and whether we allow you to continue posting on MAP is dependant on how you continue.

Harsh, but I have very strong feelings on how women are portrayed in sport.

We work damn hard making this place somewhere women can post on a level playing field and I'll not have that taken backwards by someone with a foolish view on how people defend themselves, specifically women.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Scientifi? Like you being able to fight or having qualifications to offer the bollocks opinion you hold? Yeah, let's explore that

My hypothesis is you hold no grade, cannot actually fight and have no experience in actual interpersonal violence

If you actually could there would be video of it apparently

And as I said earlier, you are a no mark

9. David Harrison

But not you, right?

You'd totally Tang Soo Do her into next week I presume? :rolleyes:

10. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Even the weakest of men can lift much more than strong women. If you don't believe me, go to your local gym. Technique can help slightly, but strength and size are what matters most in fights.

Of course I don't know any women who have beaten up men. Do you? If so, how did they do it?

11. Simon

You are 22.

12. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I started when I was 11. What's not to believe?

13. David Harrison

Depends on the techniques in question.

How does this work in self-defence? You don't wash your feet for a week and hope the smell knocks them out? :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0JjMHApWC4"]Tang Soo Do Black Belt Sparring - YouTube[/ame]

14. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Why would you ban me for having a different opinion that I've supported with facts? And I have strong feelings too, just of the opposite side. I think you need to reexamine what women are actually capable of bc giving them an inflated ego can actually hurt them. It's immature to call my view "backwards" simply bc I have studied biology and martial arts and understand women's limits in what they can do.

15. David Harrison

I'll say it again.

If you know of no women who have ever beaten a man, your training sucks.

If this is the kind of thing you're teaching women, I'm not surprised:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NpkaY8DWTY"]TangSooDo self defense #1 - YouTube[/ame]

16. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Did you just post a video of a point sparring match? Where I train, we spar full contact and don't stop after someone scores. It's more realistic to how a real fight would play out. I don't really see the point of your video.

17. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

What women do you know who have beaten up men in real life? And what did they do?

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHA!!!!!!

Did you get a toy with the belt or just the fries and a drink?

19. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I can say the same thing about you. It's a baseless claim.

20. Simon

I've lost patience.

Final warning. This is the self defence forum. Do not post about beating someone up.

Self defence isn't fighting and it isn't sparring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.