Can someone tell me what South American Kickboxing is???

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by lonewolf0320, Mar 19, 2012.

1. lonewolf0320

lonewolf0320 New Member

I never taken an MA before and decided that I wanted to take kickboxing. I e-mailed this one school about their kickboxing class and asked them what south american kickboxing was and all the told me was kickboxing from South America. I've chosen not to go their because of the way they answerd a lot of my quetions and have chosen another place to go, but I would like to know if this is a true style of kickboxing.

I've looked it up and cant find anything about it. I do know about Muay Thi, Savate and American Kickboxing. I would like to thank anyone who answers me.

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

sounds like a scam to me.

3. lonewolf0320

lonewolf0320 New Member

Thanks Fish Of Doom I was thinking the same thing but I just wanted to be sure since I'm new to this. Meaning I've never done anything other than western boxing. Once again thanks for answering me. :cool:

4. liero

liero Valued Member

I think they mean, it's just kickboxing.

In South America....or that the instructors are from,

South America

5. shootodog

shootodog restless native

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah I'd really want to know more what exactly is S. American kickboxing and what it entails that separates it from other styles of kickboxing. Got a link or a name of the school?

7. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

liero is right guys it could just be the name of the gym based on its location and the op is confused.

8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

true but a link could clarify things.

besides there is "brazilian jiu-jitsu". it could be a brasilero type ok kickboxing. that would be interesting considering.

9. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Cap Kickboxing could be fun! However, if they aren't answering questions, it's possibly a bit suss.

10. lonewolf0320

lonewolf0320 New Member

The school is located here in Pearland, Texas it's just south of Houston. The name of the school is Black Belt Karate here is the website www.black-belt-karate.com

They only claim to teach Tae Kwon Do, Akido, American and South American Kickboxing.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

With what we've been given so far, its just the name of the club?

Like London Shootfighters. or American Top Team or whatever.

Link would be good though...

12. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XZe70XvX04"]CLIP DO II MEGA FIGHT - PARÃ - MUZENZA DE CAPOEIRA.flv - YouTube[/ame]

:whistle:

13. lonewolf0320

lonewolf0320 New Member

Their web page won't come up I guess their down right now. This is their web page www.black-belt-karate.com

Well if it was Capoeira that they are teaching all they had to do is let me know in their e-mail reply.

I'm not trying to assassinate the character of these instructors' or their gym. I e-mailed them my questions because I live about 40 min from Pearland and have been working a lot of hours, by giving me the answer they gave me it may have been their way of trying to get me to go in using it as a sales angle I don't know. The place I've chosen to go check out this Saturday is closer to where I live and they gave me straight answers they even sent me their cell number if I had anymore questions.

I do want to thank everyone that has answered me and I wish their web page would come up so that eveyone could see I'm not makeing this up or if they would have just given me a straight answer. Like I said earlier if they would have told me it was Capoeira I never would have started this post and done what I've been doing and that's research it and see if its something I would like rather than waste everyone's time.

14. Oddsbodskins

Website loaded, had a quick gander. Don't think it's cap, to be honest, the piccies in their kickboxing section didn't impress over much.

15. Oddsbodskins

16. liero

liero Valued Member

yeah looked at the website.

Legit kickboxing gyms normally post some info about their fighters and/or comps. This doesn't really do that.

Reiterate- 'Normally' post this info

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Yeah that's not somewhere I'd go.
    Little Ninjas, "sport sword training" (!?!?!?!), levels of membership (more expensive), a demo team, loads of photos of kids (doing the splits!?!), etc.
    Classic Mcdojo-ish signs to me.
    Not bad things perhaps in themselves but warning signs for me.
    The training might be great so worth a visit maybe but those signs would put it down the list from the start.

18. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Looking at the website... I'd give the place a miss... the photos of people going through techniques etc. leave a lot to be desired. It's very much a mom and pop type shop. No harm in that... but if you're young and relatively fit... you'll outgrow this place in short order. You'll want a higher standard methinks.

19. lonewolf0320

lonewolf0320 New Member

Thanks to everyone that answered to my post. I just wanted to make sure about whether it was legit or if I was doing the right thing about shying away from it. Like I posted earlier I think I found a legit place that I'm going to enjoy going to. Once again thanks to all.

20. tyso1984

tyso1984 New Member

its just kickboxing i think