Can I be doing Burpees everyday?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Trick Nasty, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Trick Nasty

Trick Nasty space monkey

See title. :D

2. tetsu ryu

tetsu ryu Death is always a option!

I think every other day would be perfect. But I only do them once a week so who am I to say otherwise! :p Burpees are pretty intense! I can get to 25 or so and then I'm beat! What exactly are your goals other than just being able to do a whole lot of burpees? :confused: Do you have any other exercises that you are doing? Do you have a routine posted up?

3. JuanBarry

JuanBarry Valued Member

anyone care to enighten me as to what a burpee is. At the moment i have a fairly funny idea of what they are but i'm fairly certain i'm wrong.

4. tetsu ryu

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxrFducMgYQ"]Exercise Videos- Jump Burpees - YouTube[/ame]

There ya go! ;)

5. Trick Nasty

Trick Nasty space monkey

I don't really have a routine. And my goals are pretty much just over all fitness.

I do my burpees with dumbells. :woo:

I've been doing stuff for a while. I've done Bill Star's 5x5 and I've worked up to some of the BeastSkills stuff.

I was just wondering if I did burpees all the time if I'd crash.

Now I don't mean EVERYDAY, but could I throw in a few consecutive days?

6. tetsu ryu

sure I don't see why not.. As long as your body is getting sufficient rest and nutrition! Good Job with the dumbells man!

7. Trick Nasty

Trick Nasty space monkey

Thanks. lol. :)

I use those cause weighted vests are too expensive. Maybe one for my birthday. Who knows.

8. tetsu ryu

I'd suggest using a back pack and strapping it tightly on your back and throwing some old books in there. That way you can have some increased weight when you do the pushups part of the burpee. ;)

9. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

my friends fill a backpack up w/ sand...they use one that they never use anymore, and a napsack type bag would be perfect...but yes, make sure its strapped tight enough. and i've never done a set of burpees...mostly cuz i'm outa shape right now and they would kill me......LOL. they are very intense.