Can any of you say to Bruce Lee face that what Ted Wong does is not Jeet Kune Do?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by pmosiun, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

at the beggining yes.He used to use wing chun mainly till He met Jesse and all others and realized wing chun fail against other arts becuse the suare stance trapping and all useless stuff which doesnt work.no we learn that on the JKD training.well done.Lee knows very well and Who is not stupid and take a look all evidence and forget about tao and fighting method can see the light on the end of the tunnel.tell me why he not punchin nothing like wrote or teached by instructors?becuse he clearly didnt care about ringfight.he turned to finish in secong and peoples who knows him said all.look at he documentorys and all books wrote buy them.Lee was ****ed of shuted down everybody mate Jesse was judo champion streetfighter really bad guy and stronger than Lee but he does whenever he wanted.same as all other students of hes.

but to say this way for the question better to forget about Wing Chun Hes case later wasnt kept He working on way different concept nothing like combatitive fight.
    altough he sparred with others probably keep him on edge but better to close hes latest period differently than all others way hes 18-25 period.he was just a kid that time.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

To be accurate Dan specifically stated he cannot teach you JKD but he can show you HIS JKD.

Any JKD instructor should be able to tell you what the paragraph at the bottom of their certificate says if it is from Bruce...it is only a few sentences long but it is profound. In a nutshell it is that the student is not only allowed to change things it is EXPECTED

This is why there is so much Muay Thai and BJJ floating around in JKD nowadays - our paradigm and exposure has changed. Even with that said there are exceptions - this weekend gone I was rolling with guys who were better Jits players than me so I used my (admittedly not first rate) CACC to fill in my own jits gaps and hold my own. I ended up teaching some of it and we all had a blast learning from each other - THAT is the JKD method

The story about Bruce not wanting to train someone to beat him came from Demille...and with regards to my last toe-dipping in JKD politics I will leave that comment right there

3. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If movies are any representation of what we can actually do in a fighting style, I want to be Riki-Oh so I can uppercut somebody's head so hard it explodes.

[​IMG]

Don't think it can happen? The proof is in the movie.

4. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

also He learned from **** Yeung a **** lot of thing nobody knows what Lee wasnt involved.
    as soon as he realized He leg was kicked badly He turned immedietely to train of hes kicks.Jesse said He wasnt stecthed before at all just used Hes hand and tahts it but He was ****ing fast to stick and put you under pressure.thats why nobody had chance even that time was in 1959 when they met in frisco.he knew all weekness he had and straight away was working on like mental to compensate.but the latest stuff is the toughest not known much but He was workning on fight from nonstance position against real violance nothing like combatitive sportfight.see the fact all who doubt he reached long sidtances immedietelly strong lead knock you out fingerjab nobody stopped him.groin kick lead leg speed like hell.none of this technics for sports man.time to wake up.

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

[​IMG]

Also you might want to take the time to think about what you are going to write, rather than just pounding your fists on the keyboard. We can barely even understand what point you were trying to make here.

6. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Inosanto said He can show the way.nothing else.but still Lee didnt care about Hes school all hes students are teached by the time he trained on others and he changed way too often and met continously newer artist from every corner of the world to getting better.this JKD we can get now Ted Wong just said himself not the one which works on street man.

7. february

february Valued Member

AAAARRRRGGHHHHH!!!!111111

Now all we need is the return of Brownstain

8. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

those paragraphs can be sticked You know where.of course Bruce gave it.He doesnt care anymore after the buisiness turned to be good.He was care about himself and Hes stuffs.nothing else.I truly understand him.why he would gave to anybody what he knew to use against him?you kidding right?he feared to be beaten thats why was wotking like mental but he did damn well.

9. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

why he suted down all 3 schools? time to think guys.

10. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

thanks for popping by again for your usefull post mate.dont stop it;)

11. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

anyway I am off just came back to say hello:)
    so all your to carry on..

well known instructor demonstrate a technic for real case right?JKD.look at it.
    single lead hand up can shut him down.he just need to turn into.this is not Lees stuff mate.
    all realfight starting from the point you have no stance and you have close range.now all of you can think what you ve learned by the years what ll work in that case. :)
    have a great work...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlFKbMKo9Qs&feature=player_embedded"]How to Use Trapping for Attacks in Bruce Lee's Jeet Kune Do! - YouTube[/ame]

12. Hannibal

Sheever if you are doing what Jesse did then you are NOT doing JKD - period.

No-one spent more time with Bruce than Dan...NO-ONE...and no one trained longer with Bruce than Dan.

Theorising aside it comes to "put up or shut up" - and few branches ever do that except one.....I wonder which?

13. Hannibal

Significantly as well Taky always refers people to Dan for JKD

14. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

Kuma.cmon.you know what was the point in the video.to generate that speed from that stance not for ring mate.You look him really stupid.straight lined movement beat all others as the fastest.with hes abilities I am not suprides at all.sad to see you dont get it either.

15. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

just gettin closer.Lee did ~JKD?
    no.He did Hes own stuff.point to think why he didnt want anybody to name it when they ask him they can teach.it was HES OWN STUFF ONLY.
    Noo.Jesse just Knew him and stuffs he did also Lee kept the contact with him later on too.

I am not doing anything others do.thats the message.do your own JKD.that was Lees JKD.no one ll ever know and apply.end of story.

16. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

I know different.but maybe I am wrong.Ted knew stuffs and Lee spent more time with him at the last period but everybody was way to far to know Lees stuff.beacuse nobody could apply.so easy to see.
    all of them was teaching by the time Bruce trained with Ted.

17. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

the most important period is when He turned into the MMA.. shows enter the dragon well and till hes died.
    but not much known of hes latest period.
    but one more thing check the message of game of death with the UNKNOWN STYLE or NONSTYLE fighter at the top of the pagoda....good point from start..We all way too underestimated him.

18. Hannibal

Unless you were right there of course...which Dan was....and again, no-one spent more time with Bruce, not Ted, not Jesse, no-one

19. Sheever

Sheever Valued Member

doesnt matter in this case.put all pieces together.few post was edited.check it back.
    also ask yourself why all hes fightscene shows in face to face situation He moved just on one line?no sideways no boxing no other?because He use to it.and shows clear.focused on straight line attack fastest way back and forward.its for finish quickest as possible.but the scenes for audience but wait.Dan says the same here.take a look.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRLeB-K1Qqk&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube[/ame]

check hes James Coburn footage about the punch I ve posted before to point on the same thing.reach out and ****in fast can operate longer distance than usually boxer throws the punch.all hes punches supported and pushed out from body altough he knew all other concept he didnt used.thats why he trained for distance and speed.interception is very easy.as he found that he just needed to find out where the concept can fail and train against it.also put the opponent under pressure it does the JOB ALLWAYS.thtas what we have to follow.thtas close the game the quickest.not this ******** jog sao and bull sao.

20. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Riki-Oh is all about street fighting. He fought in a prison, gouged eyes, and killed. Can't get any more "not for ring" than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.