Calzaghe vs. Kessler, who will win??????

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by shaolinmonkmark, May 24, 2007.

1. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

Everyone is dying to see it, and they are getting closer to it.
    Who do you think and why?
    I say Calzaghe either by 12 round UD ,or by KO under 11.
    Kessler is mainly a head hunter, and is very Robotic.
    Joe has the hand speed and movement and defense skills to do it all night on Kess!!!! :woo:

2. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

Well its set for the 3rd of november at the milenium stadium,'Twill be qwesome i do beleive, i really hope Joe wins and brings the dane the pain,Kessler has the age advantage and a 2% lead on the knockout record but Calzaghe is more seasoned and has fought many high quality fighters throughout his long career, i Think all of Joe's future career rests on this fight, i'd say he has 1 or 2 big fights left in him after this fight and it could shoot him to the international fame he deserves.

I think Calzaghe wins by UD or manages a late KO,one things for sure, its going to be an epic!

Anyone going to go see it?

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

It's going to be tough for Calzaghe, it will be by far the hardest fight of his career, Kesslers too, honestly I could see either of them winning but you know Hopkins is praying for Kessler to win so he doesn't have to fight Calzaghe.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

lol... Since when have you ever know B-hop to pray? Or anyone from Philly for that matter. I seriously doubt Bhop is going to lose sleep over the possibility of fighting Calzaghe. :D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007
  5. Emil

Emil Valued Member

If Calzaghe hand doesn't give out again, I'd put my money on him. He'll want to end it as quickly as possible though, as I'm not sure how much more his hand can take. But Kessler is a tough customer, and I don't think it's likely that Joe will put him away early, so We'll have to hope his hand holds it. I'm going down to see it. WHOO!!!!!!!

Em

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I haven't seen this Kessler character, but he'll have to be bloody good to beat Joe Calzaghe!

7. Tommy-2guns...

So am i,now i shall find out your real gender! :p

8. Tommy-2guns...

He's a somewhat flat footed Dane but he is a good solid puncher with a verry good K.O record, but can he stand against the barrage of Calzaghe's slappy hooks...i doubt it myself,but we shall see!

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Calzaghe will win on points, but dont expect it to shut up all the doubters and dont expect it to shoot him to the fame he deserves.

His last 5 fights were supposed to do that but still he remains relatively unnoticed considering.

But, the fact that Joe has remained out of the spotlight for so long, maybe that has greatly helped him in his career. How many fighters self destruct under the flashing lights and fast women of superstardom??

10. Emil

Emil Valued Member

Where abouts will you be sitting though? Because the millenium stadium is a big place :cool:

Em

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  11. Emil

Emil Valued Member

I totally agree with that. But a lot of people would say that Joe has remained realatively unknown because he doesn't tend to travel very far, in comparison, really. A lot of people are hung up on the fact that a lot of his fights are in Wales. I thinks it's BS personally. Joe is an amazing boxer - perhaps one of the best SM weights in history.

Em

12. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

joe c to win i think :)

13. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Calzaghe is a legend already and his upcoming fights will confirm this. He is a boxing role model for any young fighter and deserves everything he gets. His fights rely on that hand holding up but I think he's going to counter-punch his way to a KO.

14. shaolinmonkmark

i am going with Hiroji on this one.

I have to agree with hiroji on this one.
    Calzaghe will be all over kessler all night long.

15. shaolinmonkmark

get ready!!! 1 month away!!!

get ready!!! 1 month away!!!
    HBO will air this fight at 2:00pm or 3:00 pm live, and enzo, and the rest of the cal crew are on the undercard as well.

16. shaolinmonkmark

the enzo fight on the undercard may be off now!

the enzo fight on the undercard may be off now!

17. holyheadjch

I've discovered the most stressful way to keep up with a fight...BBC Sports text commentary. I have worn out the F5 key on my keyboard, but the results is good and thats all that matters now. Joe Calzaghe - The Undisputed Super-Middleweight Champion of the World

What a week for British Boxing!

18. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Spoiler

Joe Calzaghe beat Kessler in a 12 round decision - decisively. Kessler is one tough cookie. He went the 12 rounds and he realized by the 8th round he needed a KO. He hit Joe with a great uppercut in the 4th round and Joe was rocked but recovered. Joe hit Kessler with a body shot in about the eighth round and Kessler admitted that that shot hurt him. Joe won by shear numbers of punches and determination. He showed a good beard. They both put on a war and Kessler will be back. Emanuel Steward said that these two guys could be the best in the business - pound for pound. But he also said that no matter what Kessler does - trains more or changes tactics - he will never beat Joe. He suggested that Kessler not look to re-match but move on & fight someone else. Very interesting and a great effort by 2 warriors.
    Thanks,
    Tom

19. holyheadjch

yeah in the first few rounds it sounded like Kessler was getting the best of the shots away, which was worrying because he has a scary right hand, but it almost sounds like he punched himself out by round 7 or 8 gifting the points win to Calzaghe. Cant wait till the footage hits the net though,

20. shaolinmonkmark

way to go joe!!!

way to go joe!!!
    I had it 116 to 111, for joe!!