calling YODA, or other UK knife people!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by mild7, Oct 30, 2003.

1. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

Hello my british friends,

I will be travelling to edinburgh, then London, at the end of the year to visit some 'distant' relatives, eat some fried haddock and yorkshire pudding, and get soaked in the never ending drizzle of rain.

What is more relevant though is that I will not be able to bring my glock along with me, since your country does not respect the right to bear arms(guns). Which is fine.

I recall reading a post by Yoda that 'locking' folding knives are illegal in the UK.

But .......... I've also been told that you are allowed a 3 inch blade, and as long as it folds its ok, locking mechanism not withstanding.

so who's right?

this following link says folding is ok. No mention of 'locking' folders being illegal:

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/...63064_en_1.htm#muscat_highlighter_first_match

just wanna make sure, I have no desire to be thrown in a lockup, even if the UK does have better a prison standard than thailand.

2. Falling_link

Falling_link New Member

I would suggest you don't bring the blade over at all, however if it is for "ornimental use" you may be able to bring it over. If you do bring it over, just make sure you declare it i think is the thing you do

3. Falling_link

Falling_link New Member

The link you gave us is Criminal Law..... that dosent count for what you are trying to find out i think

4. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

well... I just want to be able to walk the filthy streets of London wiht my Delica in my pocket.

If it is legal to carry a 3 inch tactical folder, then there won't be any problems. :)

5. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Leave your paranoia at home and come to the UK and relax. Chances are, unless your looking for trouble you wont get any.

6. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

Last time I was in London I got into a fight outside stringfellows.

I try to relax, but trouble finds me...

7. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

First off I would be in a fight if I were OUTSIDE too! :D

But forget that nonsense about trouble "finding" you. Sounds far too much like excuses to bear arms rather than a right! :D

8. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

And besides, due to our legal situation of not carrying arms, we are all better than Americans at hand to hand combat, because we practice it more! ;)

So if your out in Edinburgh, you just stay close to me and Tosh! :D

Colin

9. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Yeah between us I reckon we could end any chance of you interacting with "normal " society! :D

P.s. I have 4 masks in my bag ehehehheheheheeh :D

10. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

As much as I would love to, I am in edinburgh to hit a certain scottish fanny, so I won't be able to meet up with any forum members... as important as you lot are to me... ahem.

11. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

What the score tonight have they really let out the looney asylum, why the hate??

After you just said you don't go looking for trouble??

Respect- o- tron dropping to minimum levels!

And you were/are planning on bringing a knife??? :confused:

That's crazy man! :(

12. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Case law has shown a locking knife as illegal to carry without a reasonable excuse, for self defence is not a reasonalbe excuse under Britsh law.

Legally all you can carry is a folding pocket knife with a blade under three inches, no mechanism to open or keep open or close the knife is permitted.

13. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

mild7, you're going a long way just to fight someone, or did you mean just assault them?

Frankly I don't want to see this kind of hard man gutter talk from anyone here. Nor does your post move you up my list of 'people I'd like to meet'

Please remember there are children as well as adults here.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  14. Freeform

It's... its' not ME is it....? :D

Get a reality check, do you think you'll get away having a knife in your lugauge on a plane this days?!?

And besides, GROW UP. I was thinking that if you were over here I'd sort out a training session for you, but it seems your the sort of person I'd rather not have training with me.

Col

15. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

LMAO!!!

what did you think the f word was. Man, this clearly illustrates the importance of... cross cultural communication...

in American terms. To 'hit a .... ' does not always refer to an act of violence.

Ok, you have it, the mild man himself has a certain scottish lass that he wishes to.... become friendlier with....

once again, LOL!!!

you guys crack me up.

16. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

and to keep up all this talk of training... is there a bjj or muay thai school in edinburgh? I hear you lot are catching up slowly on the MMA scene. Slowly being the keyword, but at least the wheels are turning.

17. Freeform

For a start you are the one who has a problem in communications, addressing UK people and then using US slang.

Secondly I think your trying to dig your way out of the massive hole you've dug for yourself.

You really haven't got a clue have you. How about you actually do some research.

18. Andy Murray

You could go and see Rick Young. He's in Edinburgh, trained to Brown Belt in BJJ, and recent winner of a Gold Medal in BJJ. Not to mention he's a highly respected figure in JKD circles.
    I'm surprised you've never heard of him.
    Maybe there are other people in Scotland you should research as well?

19. Andy Murray

Ah,
    speak of the devil, I believe Freeform has done some training with Rick too.

20. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

freeform,

why the hostility? :) And yes, I was trying to dig myself out of the.... hole.... I placed myself in. That being said I will try my best to get some time out to train. But in all honesty I am considering the trip to the UK as more of a recreational visit than anything else.

Maybe I need to clear myself up again. Let us see, you are presuming I mentioned that I wished to commit an act of violence against a guy in scotland.
    What I meant was.... 'I am going to scotland to hit(hit being to 'get it on with a female') a certain F A N N Y. That was what the f word was but somehow because of the censorship, it looked like I was saying something else.

So, my internet friend, I hope you now understand what I was trying to say. I am a lover not a fighter.

andy murray,
    no, I have not heard of Rick Young. But thanks for the info.

Anyhow guys, should I go back an edit that unintentionally 'offending' post I made earlier, lest more people immediately start jumping on my back? LOL