Calling All FMAists - Arnold Kali Invitational Championship

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by pesilat, Feb 19, 2003.

1. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

For anyone who hasn't heard yet, the 2nd Annual Arnold Kali Invitational Championship is coming up soon -- February 28 - March 1.

We anticipate that the 2003 Arnold World Games will be the biggest athletic event in the world. There will be around 10,000 athletic competitors and over 70,000 spectators.

The Arnold Battle of Columbus (the martial arts portion of the event), there will be over 12 different arts represented and we're expecting over 4,000 martial artists in attendance from a wide variety of disciplines.

The Arnold Kali Invitational has four sections. There is a forms competition, a self-defense competition, an adult stickfighting competition -- with both single and double stick divisions -- and, new this year, a children's stickfighting division using padded sticks.

The bottom line: the Filipino Martial Arts community has been offered an opportunity to get some really large-scale, mainstream exposure at a grand event. Last year was a lot of fun and we had a decent turn out.

Help make this year's turn out even better.

For more details and rules for the stickfighting tournament, visit http://www.asianfightingarts.com/akic

Mike

2. Two Sword

Two Sword New Member

Hello Mike,

We will see you there. My brothers and I will be attending with Tuhon Chris Sayoc some of his organization.

Guru Ken Panell has asked us to do a blade demo...looks like it will be fun.

See you there!!!!

Guro Carl and Atienza Brothers
    Atienza Kali
    www.atienzakali.com

3. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Awesome. I've heard good things about you guys from Guru Ken. I look forward to meeting you.

Mike

4. grandmaster mat

grandmaster mat wataaaahhh!!

is this for all martial arts?

5. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Absolutely :) I just used "FMAists" in the subject because they're our primary target. But anyone who's interested can participate.

Mike