Call for Banning MMA

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

axelb likes this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

That article was written by someone with truly no knowledge at all of martial arts.

Got some guy in a hold and punched him..
    ... could have slipped into a coma if they hadn't stopped the choke when he tapped...

It's as if they haven't even tried to understand any techniques, the attitude of the participants

SWC Sifu Ben likes this.
  3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Of course it is ridiculous, but the fake farce that the UFC is becoming does not help.

The credibility of the sport took so long to build up, and now IMO it is getting destroyed. All the throwing things at press conferences, fights breaking out in promotional events various bigoted things being said by fighters, jumping in and out of the ring to start fights with people- the overall joke fake wrestling atmosphere. Just when it was being taken seriously too. It seems out of control, and like the fighters are rewarded for thuggish stupid behavior.

You are going to see more of this nonsense as long as the UFC heads in the direction it is heading IMO.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Very much agree. There was a time when Paul Daley out kicked out the UFC because he threw a single punch outside of the bell in anger. Allowing McGregor and Khabib off with what they have been doing lately is not the way forward I feel.

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Paul Daley was rightfully kicked out. But the UFC has been so lax in recent years.

What Khabib did was wrong.

But if the UFC had properly punished McGregor, it wouldn't have happened. McGregor took a gang of people, and threw things at a bus, injuring other fighters who were not involved in the feud! But they chose money over principle. They used scenes from the incident to promote that fight! It's appalling.

But earlier incidents led up to this atmosphere. One of the Diaz brothers throwing things at a press conference. Jones and someone (Cormier?) getting in a scuffle at a promotional event.

GSP was my favorite fighter and it looks like he always will be. He represented martial artists well. There are those that still do, but they don't get rewarded by the UFC. Those with poor behavior get rewarded.

I have been losing interest lately, because of this.

They JUST got legalized in New York. It would not surprise me to see some states calling to make it illegal again.

Monkey_Magic and axelb like this.
  6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I prefer other mma events for that reason. Ufc may have high level fighters, but the media hype created around some fighters has become a farce, more about increasing promoter revenue than growing the sport.

I heard a few talking about introducing the Ali act into mma because of recent events, or something to that effect.

A large part of me prefers the attitude presented by fighters like GSP, Fedor etc but then part of me can accept that a fighter doesn't have to be like that to succeed, it doesn't affect their skill.

More on the topic of it being banned or not, it is proportinal to how it is represented in the media, and unfortunately that looks bad at the moment when the highest profile event builds up and ends like it did.