California State TKD Championships

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by WorldChampTKD, Feb 29, 2004.

1. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Hey, too tired to talk long, but I placed second and got a silver medal in Gyroogi in my division today, and i had to compete in a higher division than my own because i didn't want to be an uncontested winner (i wouldnt have earned anything that way). I was prett happy with the way things went, i wish I would have won first, but considering the situation, i guess i did alright :) I'll post pics sometime. See ya
    Jen

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Thanks for the update and congratulations! I always like to hear how people do at their first tournament. Post pics when you have them okay?

3. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

round one (i have my back to the camera)
    [​IMG]

with my master and instructor after i got my silver medal
    [​IMG]

me after the tournament
    [​IMG]

I posted all my pictures in the photos section but they havent been approved yet i dont think :) thanks for the congrats! :D

4. HitNRun

HitNRun New Member

You did great!!!

5. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

Thanks!!!!

6. estranged13

estranged13 ex video game freak

yes yes congrats

7. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Congrats! WC!!!

Are you going to Nationals?? Keep us all informed.

8. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

thanks again you guys, you guys are awesome! No, I'm not going to Nationals, I'm not a qualifyer, I'm a color belt, so state was as far as I could go, only the black belts and I think brown belts were qualifyers. I'll make it to nationals someday though :) Thanks for the support!
    Jen

9. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Congratulations Jen :)

I just saw your pics in the gallery, pretty cool.

congrats again! :D

10. WorldChampTKD

WorldChampTKD New Member

11. Edward Hsu

Edward Hsu Valued Member

The USTU National Events are 'Open' events this year...which means for the Junior Nationals as long as you are between 6-17 , green belt and higher you can enter.. for the Senior Nationals(scheduled for Late October/early November)they have a color belt extravaganza(18-32) green-red belt or if you fall in the 'Ultra' division (33 & over) they have divisions for Blue belts &above. You need not 'Qualify' this year for the National Tourneys..however in the past Belts lower then green could not qualify for those events.If you fall in those belt categories in time for the National events you can enter.

12. Capt Ann

Capt Ann Valued Member

Edward, do you know exactly when and where the Nationals are? I haven't found any information posted anywhere online. Thanks!

13. Edward Hsu

Edward Hsu Valued Member

Last year at the Nationals in New Orleans we were all told by then ED Bruce Harris that it would be late Oct. /early Nov. in Tampa ,Fl. However that's all changed now...they just had the US Open there and probably will not go back to the same spot twice in the same year....have heard rumors that it may be in Wash. DC and or in Maryland.....if the USTU doesn't have the funds then it may even be in Colorado Springs at the Olympic training center