Cabin Fever

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Kof_Andy, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

When I watch the trailer for Cabin Fever I though it was about some physco killer slaining them one by one, or at least something similar. So I went and watch this movie today, and my god :eek: it was so awful. This is by far the worst movie ever made in my list. Not only did it got bad plot, none sense characters, and dosent do what it intended to do which is scarying people. Is bascially about bunch of college graduate camping out in the wilderness to enjoy there last moment of free life, before the real work began. But when a wounded stranger storms in one night and infects one of them with a mysterious disease, the others try to protect themselves at any cost. Is so in human how everyone reacted to the situation. This movies is such a bad influenced for the younger people, I think it should be banned:mad: .

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

....actually I was planning on seeing the premiere of Cabin Fever in my area last night as I have known about this film now for almost a year and a half. A friend of mine is one of the producers and also has a bit role in it.... and I have seen some clips he showed us.

Bear in mind this is not nor was its intent to be an intellectual horror flick. It is supposed to be reminiscent to the 70's genre of camping slasher-type movie but what puts a spin on it is the "flesh eating disease" (a real medical scare) and the moral ambiguity that resolves amongst thus group of teens. It has its funny parts, bit of nudity and yes alot of gore. The producer was telling us about how much Karo syrup they used....!

Anyone wishing to see more trailers from the movie I put a link in my latest journal entry.

I'll have to reserve my opinion once I see the the movie in its entirety.

Kof_Andy .... banned?? I believe there are far more "other" bad influences out there for younger people aside from this movie (which is rated R for "restricted" NO ONE UNDER 17!)

3. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Yeah I suppose banning would be over reacting. Making movies is all about expressing your freedom in creativtly, but there just wasnt one single good deed that the kids done in the entire move. There was nothing noble about it at all. Like theres this one part where this sick kid busted out a flying sidekick toward one of the main character and the kid bite him in the arm and got infected. Then the kids family started hunting the sick guy with rifles and blaming it on him. It just make no sense. Personally I think is 0 stars move, but thats my opinion. I walked out angrey and feel like I wasted my valuabletime on this crap. I'm glad I wasnt the only one who thinks that though, there were like 15 other people walk out before the movie finish. Anyway KickChick you should check this movie and tell me what you think.

4. Jim

Jim New Member

So, Kof_Andy the question is will you see it again? :D

Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  5. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

I might Jim. I just might:eek: ,but thats only if I lost my memory due to old age.:eek:

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

It always pays to watch a bad film twice, even if its just to see if it was as rubbish the second time :D