Caber flipping

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by blessed_samurai, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

that's awesome!!! we have a celtic festival here in leesburg every summer, i love going to watch. caber toss is just plain impressive, so we always make sure to see it.

excellent pics, samurai!

2. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

10 in my class

3. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Blessed Samurai - you're awesome :) I would die doing that :D

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

10 in my class

Good job then mate.
    :)

5. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Nice one brother. That kind of competing is BRUTAL and deserves mega respect.

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Excellent job Samurai ;)

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Awesome stuff mate :)

8. koto_ryu

koto_ryu Common sense is uncommon

Great work. I can't wait to give the Highland Games a shot someday, they've always looked fun as heck.

9. Sega

Sega New Member

haha i was going to say, a real Scot doesn't wear anything under his kilt ;)

..looks like fun though, has been a while since i went to the highland games.

10. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Was at a local festival and heard this old woman ask a kid. "What do you wear under your kilt little fellow?" Now please understand this is a true story not a joke. The little boy (10 or 11 years old if I had to guess) looked at her and replied "It's a wee lil bagpipe! Wanna blow on it?" :eek:

11. blessed_samurai

I <3 the many creative "what's under the kilt" responses.

Oh and I doubt many of you want the majority of guys doing the Games to go regimental...that could get ugly.

12. koto_ryu

koto_ryu Common sense is uncommon

When I wear them, I tell them "All I've got underneath this kilt is my pride!" :D

13. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

Great pics! Looking very solid too.

I'd buy your calves for $50 each?

14. blessed_samurai

lol, thanks. They say calves are genetic. I suppose this is true as I don't do any direct calf work...it bores me to tears.

15. redsandpalm

redsandpalm shut your beautiful face

:woo:

Ah well, I don't do much arm work so I suppose I didn't get the shortest straw...

16. dogdragon

dogdragon New Member

Good job man, we've had games up hear in the Yukon, but we don't do the hammer, got work on that. The only real injury I've seen was from the caber but it was funy and not bad. A bunch of us were drunk the games and music were over, we were volunters for the festival, so we were hanging around drinking more after most of the folks were gone. Of coarse the only thing to do was go play with the cabers. One of my friends got the caber up stumbled forward a bit then the pole slipped forward out of his hands, the bottom landed between his feet (being drunk he couldn't stop going forward right away) and when the top hit the ground in front of him the bottom (now under him) kicked in to the air aimed sraight at the famly stones! he got his hands down just in time, the log struck them and bounced him into the air! We laughed, he had sore wrists for a day or two but was fine, it was good fun, not shure I'd risk drunken caber play again though. :D

17. blessed_samurai

That's pretty funny. I've seen various injuries at the Games...not common though as much as you'd think.

I dunno about drunken caber playing. I know I was sipping a bit on some scotch towards the end, but I'd definately save the revelries for the night before as a light drinking workout and then go at it with maximal intensity after the events are over......

gawd the last thing any of us arethinking about is flipping stuff after 8 hours of spinning and tossing.