Bwhite

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by SickDevildog, Sep 13, 2007.

1. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

So Squat low low if you can!

[​IMG]

Christian Thibateau wrote this article on quad shaping, where he explains how to train the Vastus Medialis, figured it might help your knee:
    http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=614400&cr=

2. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

yeah, full squats are also the safest altho most people don't think so, because it is supposed to put less stress on your back...it also increases flexibility. i've always stayed away from squats unless it was hacksquat or smith machine w/ lighter weights, cuz i've also had a family history of back problems. i'm workin on my lowerback hardcore right now, so that won't be a problem. my friend told me that hacksquat and smith aren't as safe as regular squats, cuz they aren't anatomicly correct. i haven't been able to find validity to back this up, but i'm still stayin away from them.

like i said in a previous thread, proper lifting technique is almost always guarunteed to increase flexibility, and proper squat is no exception. about 50% or more of the people i see do it wrong and rest it on their neck, when you should have it a lil lower, and the weight should be pushed into your upper back w/ your hands, not resting on your neck, as this can cause problems later on. this also increases shoulder flexibility.

and thanks for the article man. i'm still lookin for a leg extension substitute, as i can't do it cuz of the stress on my ligament. any ideas?

and thanks for all your help, my knee appreciates it :D
    when i saw my name in the preventing injuries thread, i thought i was in trouble.

oh yeah, i watched a couple videos on sumo deadlift, and in one video his feet were pointing out, is this correct form or should they be pointing in? and also is romanian deadlift the same as stiff legged deads? *EDIT* nvm, i found a video that explained the difference. apparently, there's more hip movement in the romanian than there is in the stiff legged deadlift.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  3. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Yor welcome Knee.

Actually u dont let the weight touch the ground on the romanian version, thats the only difference.

4. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

ah, so somebody's lying to me.