Bump on the bone?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by SteelyPhil, Sep 4, 2007.

1. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Last night in training i did a poor block, instead of wrist to wrist, it was the side of my hand to wrist bone. This hurt, but i carried on and the pain kind of faded into the background and i was more careful with my blocking.
    But i woke up about an hour ago and i'd knocked it lightly and it hurt a fair amount. It's also sensitive to the touch and appear to have a sort of "bump" on the bone going from my wrist to my little finger.
    Is this normal?? I've received bumps on my shins but they were more like flesh bumps this seems to be actually attached to the bone?
    Anybody know what i've done? I don't think it's serious but it's quite disconcerting.

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hey Phil

I have something similar on my left wrist,an extra bump I got at training.It was really sore when I first did it (bad block too:D) and it was bruised,but when the bruising went the pain went. If it's still painful after a day or so best go to get it checked out.You may have bruised the bone or something (what I got told when I did something similar to my other hand,though that was non kf related and happened when I fell down my wooden stairs :D)

3. teamKodered

teamKodered New Member

Always see your GP when in doubt.

Also Rest, Ice and Elevation.

4. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

Cheers guys, if it continues to hurt by tomorrow. My uncle is a physiotherapist and lives about 50metres away so will see what he thinks. I don't want to go to my GP and go "my hand has a knobble on it :'(" lol.