Bullshido

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Emil, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

I removed that bit because I was focussing on the bit where you said

No, NOT the same as above. The following sentence about hobbies, yes, fine, but you were saying that MAP posters are

I'm contesting the highlighted sections. Bullshido does not see MAP as "tough guys, full contact, UFC, big biceps etc", which is what you actually said, regardless of the following sentence about hobbies.

Umm...no. They believe that martial arts are about gaining the ability to fight rather than LARPing or getting fit, since there are loads of other ways you can do those other things. MARTIAL arts, remember? Yes, there are other things involved and other benefits, but pretending that martial arts aren't primarily about fighting is simply wrong.

I've explained why Bullshido doesn't like MAP already. You've just made up your own reason and have closed your ears to all other reasons. Since I've been posting on Bullshido for two and a half years, I think I'm better qualified to state why Bullshido doesn't like MAP than somebody with a chip on their shoulder.

So why are they MARTIAL arts? Why not just train yoga, athletics or tai chi in the park? If you train for other reasons then fine, but don't pretend that point-sparring and forms are the equal of hard contact and fully resistant training, which is the delusion that Bullshido hates.

If that's what you want to use it for, fine. If you just want excercise, why bother with martial arts? I don't have any statistics, but I bet most people would be taking up martial arts to learn some form of self defence rather than get excercise. As long as you don't pretend that your 360 spin kicks are a great form of self-defence and are just flashy looking techniques...okay. Bullshido posters have said in the past they're not looking to be fighters, and that they just like the tradition and fitness benefits, and they are accepted because they are not being pretentious. It's the teenage shotokan blackbelts that think they can fight because they did well in a point-sparring competition that get flamed.

2. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Not sure if you're being humourous here, but the parody in that post is plain to see. I know full well who KempoFist is - not a 12 year old TKD blackbelt.

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Matsufubu - you've been criticising MAP, flaming certain martial arts, criticising the mods and yet none of your posts have been moderated, you've not been banned, you haven't even received much of a flaming. Doesn't this kinda disprove your claims of overzealous "thought police" moderating on MAP?

4. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

no, no it doesn't.

5. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

yes it does.... and my post count is bigger so I know more than you!

;) :D

P.s. the above post is a leg pull, not a genuine attempt at a serious post. (covering my ass there)

6. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

why?

7. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Once again Matsufubu, you are misinterpreting my words to suit your own purpose.
    MAP accepts people for whatever reason they want to train in Martial Arts, be it full contact, semi-contact, point sparring, keeping fit, getting out of the house, whatever. Bullshido see's this as wrong. Thats why they dont like us.

Although I doubt I will get the idea through to you. As you said, you've been on Bullshido for a couple of years, so its probably ingrained that you have to do full contact yada yada in order to get anything from martial arts.

James

8. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

are you not aware of the special, loving, tender relationship that me and kickchick have?

9. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

incorrect. bullshido does not like people who train in the martial arts for semi-contact, point sparring, keeping fit, getting out of the house, whatever AND THEN represent it as useful martial arts training for hand to hand combat.

10. Moosey

Glad you agree

11. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

then take you're idea's and go forth and multiply back to bullshido, we dont need your dirt peddling on this site. :rolleyes:

12. Moosey

What if these people who've trained in blah blah blah can then use it to protect themselves? Does it really matter that the last time they saw an octagon was in geometry classes?

13. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

the words are clearly English, but... no matter how many times i reread it... it still makes no sense.

14. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

where are these mythical killer point sparrers?

15. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

As it should be

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

They just got lucky. Everyone knows that only MMA'ers can defend themselves on 'the street'. ;)

17. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

punched in the head to often???

18. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

how would you know what that looks like?

19. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

i dont, i do bujinkan and we never spar, we are not alive and we have crappy movement........according to the dross on bullshido :rolleyes:

20. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

i'm sure you're in one of those rare full contact, fully resisting bujinkan schools that everyone on the internet seems to be a part of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.