Bukti Negara on Youtube

Discussion in 'Silat' started by TalkwithThunder, May 1, 2007.

1. Monyet Nakal

Monyet Nakal Valued Member

I hear what you are saying. If the actual content of his posts appeared better thought out, I would almost think the random, oddly spaced punctuation was actually a secret code or some such.

2. Monyet Nakal

Monyet Nakal Valued Member

Hehe. Better start drilling those Jurus Mixolydian...

3. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Ah sounds like you are far away on your way to becoming an actual "Pendekar" in this lifetime.

Silat should be about Growth, Healing, Community & Family on all levels.

That "either you are with us or against us" B.S. reminds me of the "Necromongers" in the Riddick Chronicles.

"either be all for us or all against us like a mafia code" - that says to me you and who ever believes in that statement have still long way to go in their personal development as a martial artist in Silat. Sorry buddy the Universe doesn't flow that way. It flows to everyone no matter what.

Peace

Santiago Dobles

4. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Years ago I heard something frightening. It was called "Duelling Tubas". Yes, it was exactly what you're thinking. "Duelling Banjos" done on the tuba. :eek:

5. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

All I'm getting is visions of dying elephants... :p

6. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

7. pukulan student

pukulan student Valued Member

,at least steve is a world class writer i have respect for writers as artist's .tellner ,not so much ,I just want to see ,the full respect paid ,to the man who threw ,inosanto on his head a few years after he got done sparring with bruce lee, ive seen the old poleroids .that' s putting lightning in a bottle .also, would you have still gone out seeking out the your teacher just to learn all his grand mother and martin s dad had to show him.which reminds me. martin 's dad ,was a great admirer and friend of Pendekar s .so theres still influence there .long ago at a seminar ,he was helping out .at one point ,he stared out at Pendekar frozen, motionless for a few minutes, then he shook his head, turned to look at us ,and all he said was "that man eats .sleeps and ***** silat "
    i

8. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Shut the hell up, flippin' troll.

You wanna know who ate, slept, and shat Silat?

Guru Besar Rudy Terlinden!

Paul owes everything that he is to Rudy. Who was everyone looking up back in the day for Silat? It sure as hell wasn't PDT. It was Rudy. Do your homework, check the old mags, back when they weren't just full of adverts. Rudy was the one respected by the MA world, not PDT. If you're in SoCal, then you're close to Rudy's senior students.
    Go and train with them, check out their skills.
    You'll see the Silat Real!

***This is fun, trolling the Troll!***

9. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Oh, & if you wanna vid, come visit me, dude. I'll tape that and post it on YouTube. That'd be some good.

10. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

A quote from Guru Rudy. This is what I think of "Filter Arts":

11. pukulan student

theres no issues with out siders if you dont like what i write turn the channel or i will stop writing

12. pukulan student

for one man to publicly say his art is even a little better than another mans art while out of striking range is wrong now everyone who does not agree with this answer then i will go

13. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

That would explain your grammer????

Mister Nameless troll: BE A MAN and say your name and present yourself as a gentleman. What do you have to loose? What do you have to hide? No one has said PDT is not GREAT. On the contrary he is Great at what he does and thank God he taught others to be great aswell.

Peace

Santiago Dobles

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  14. Steve Perry

Steve Perry Valued Member

Who Owes What to Whom ...

Really? I knew Paul and Rudy had trained together and taught each other stuff -- I have a copy of that Black Belt article written in the sixties, and pictures of the two of them together. But I wasn't away that everything Paul is was due to Rudy.

I corresponded for a while with one of Rudy's senior students, Guru Rudd, and he never made mention of this.

Larry Rudd and other of Rudy's students are pretty ****ed at Paul because of how that relationship ended, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if a large part of the problem didn't come from the de Thouars side of the table, given what I've seen over the years.

But I've seen old tapes of Paul from back in the day, and he certainly had technical skills aplenty. And as I understand it, he and Victor taught Rudy the Sera(k) djurus, which they certainly had. I assume that Rudy taught them things.

You have some material showing what that was? I'd love to see it.

Thanks.

Steve

15. pukulan student

steve you dont count remember you wished me into non exixitence

16. Kiai Carita

Kiai Carita Banned Banned

Move to Plink's School ...

Warm salaams everyone,

Pukulan Student,

I write this from Jawa.

I have never seen any silat school or training group in Indonesia where students hurt eachother in real time and are proud of being real nuts. That you do that makes me seriousely worried that someone is using silat to vent their personal frustrations.

From your opinions, I believe you might want to take a deeper, wider look into silat. Hurting eachother in class is the dumbest training to do. If your teacher teaches that then he must have got hit around the head too much when he was studying.

Why not come to Indonesia or Malaysia and see Real Silat in the real context so that you have a better understanding of silat in the USA. And if you came from Indonesia and wanted to train silat in the US and had surveyed the information on the internet, you would seek out Guru Plink before you PDT. Why?

On the internet, Guru Plink comes across as a real Guru and his students show a universal ease with adat and hormat. His website shows sound knowledge of silat, and even has some concepts newly identified like "angle and leverage", which shows that he digested all his learning well.

On the other hand PDT comes across as a real Jago. His students and admirers have grammar that wouldn't pass the year 9 English test in the village school here. He fights with his brothers, proving to the world that they don't know adat and have no hormat. This is why Guru Plink's students come across a a school, while PDT's students come across either as a lone nutter or as a mob of nutters.

From watching you on this thread it is clear that your school has less quality than Telner's. I suggest that you move to Telner's school, if they would accept you. Now I don't say this lightly, and I am in no way affiliated to Telner's school. I don't know Telner except from internet forums, but it is clear that he has more silat in him than you. Honestly. Move.

Warm salaams to all,
    Bram.

17. tellner

tellner Valued Member

I'm definitely not going to rehash the falling out between Rudy Terlinden (ztl) and Paul de Thouars. There's no point. Nobody here was there. The historical record such as it is indicates that both trained together, learned things from one another (some of the old Dutch articles say Rudy was the teacher, others from the same time say Paul) and were close at one time. It's a shame that their friendship ended acrimoniously. We are not required to snipe at each other over what happened between these men decades ago.

The idea that either owed "everything" he is or was to the other is ludicrous.

18. pukulan student

19. pukulan student

if it was anyone else i would not have responded, i was affraid you were thowing
    the name around a little too losley, its kinda sacred ,Im sure you train good, slower trainiing develope's perfection .we train till we're a little banged up then go slow and heal and then do it again .constant state of healing is the way i like to look at it

peace

20. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Well, he's not currently trolling (I think). This needs to be encouraged...

If you're constantly banged up your body isn't going to have a chance to heal. If you keep getting hurt the damage will accumulate. This is not a problem at twenty. It's annoying at thirty and "Why the hell did I do that to myself?" at forty. What makes you stronger is exertion followed by enough rest so that you can recuperate, undo the damage and lay down a bit of extra bone, muscle or whatever.

Look at Thai boxers or MMA competitors. They are professional athletes who need to be at their best. There are hard workouts, but they don't spend practice time sparring full out or taking shin kicks to the thighs. They hit pads, do controlled sparring and push moderately and carefully without actually damaging themselves let alone doing it chronically.

It's the same thing with stretching. If you constantly overstretch so that there are always little tears in the tendons and ligaments you won't get more effective flexibility. You will end up with bigger tears and visits to the orthopedist. The key here is moderation.

Another piece of the puzzle is the healing work which has traditionally accompanied the training. There's a reason Cimande players slather themselves with the eye of newt, toe of frog stuff. It helps repair the damage just a little faster than your body would normally do it. This allows you to do insane things like banging forearms with old pendekars and heal fast enough to come back for more. The Chinese warn against Iron Palm training without the correct medicines and massage.

You have to be sure that you're building up faster than you're tearing down. It's too easy to cross the line without realizing it. As my first Silat teacher says "Your ass is a finite resource."