Bukti Negara on Youtube

Discussion in 'Silat' started by TalkwithThunder, May 1, 2007.

1. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Haha you have to be kidding me...

What is the point of that? So you can go to work the next day bruised and incapacitated? Save it for the street. You don't have to train like that to get good at your art or to be effective at Silat. I have used my art in real time and it works so slowy training has not taken away from th effectiveness of the art. A few sparring sessions here and there are good but to train like that all the time is just plain STUPID. And frankly bad for your health.......

Just go see an acccupuncturist I am sure they would tell you your liver is wacked and your running too much Yang and you can kiss your kidneys good by aswell..... That might explain the balding i have seen from some of the players over there.

Let me guess a lot has changed you guys now know ILMU?

Same 8 bukti jurus?

Same 8 bukti Sambuts?

Same Langkah Tiga, Sliwa, Sekurung?

SAME 18 SERAK JURUS?

SAME 18 SERAK SAMBUTS?

LANKAH - TIGA, SLIWA, SEKURUNG,PANTJAR,PENTJAK?????

Let me guess you do them all differently than what was done before when PLINCK WAS THERE? WHEN CLIFF WAS THERE?

The footage I see on you tube of you guys is nothing new from what you guys do nor what PDT teaches and has taught...

Again...Grow up and get over yourself, open up a bit and expand your horizons.

Peace

Santiago Dobles

2. Pekir

Pekir Valued Member

Are you one of those students who learned his silat by watching tapes? Many of the 'old school' teachers didn't allow trainingsessions to be taped. Probably not so much for the sake of keeping secrets but to prevent fools from copying stuff they can't comprehend.

I'm just a bored sucker from across the ocean and not Sera related but you sound like those freaks who call random phonenumbers for their sexual relief, nowadays they have the internet. Just give those guys your name if you really have a message.....

Mine is Patrick from Amsterdam and no I don't have any tapes on offer.

3. pukulan student

pukulan student Valued Member

steve and todd you owe all what you know to one man .not two and for you to talk even a little bit of sh t about any of that mans arts is unforgivable

4. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Debt? To who??

who is talking sheeit about any man's art? On the contrary, we have always said that we are all greatful of PDT's art, his teaching and his sharing of his art with gurus such as Plinck & Stewart.

Infact if you ask them (Guru Plinck or Guru Stewart, they are greatful they learned from PDT.)

So again why not say who your name is and why not answer the questions we have asked? Instead you are making judgements as if "Allah" himself will strike us down with lightening bolt for training with the Guru's that have come along our various paths. Who the fudge died and made you GOD???

What is your gripe? What is it you want?

Why not worry more about your training? Your jurus, your sambuts? Why not learn to become actual healers? Why not learn to show some maturity in the community of martial arts. What exactly are you doing that is positive in any way?

I was once told that a "Pendekar" Is a Protector a Guide and Healer.

Is that what you strive to be? Instead you want to see clips of whether or not we can or can not kick someones ass with what we do???

What About Rudy Terlinden do we owe him anything? Do you owe him anything? What about Dan Inosanto do we owe him anything do you owe him? If it wasn't for him no one would know who PDT is. Even to this day he speaks highly of PDT if you ask him.

What about the countless number of Silat masters in the world that are authentic both in holland & Indonesia, Malaysia, USA? Do we owe them anything? Do you owe them?

What about arts like Cimande? Seiti Hati, Cikalong, Ular Sawa Garuda, Monyet, Macan, Harimau, Silek Tuo? Do you owe them anything?

Peace

Santiago Dobles

5. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Owe it all to one man, not two?

After I've parsed your bad grammar and worse spelling I think this is what you're trying to say:

"Paul de Thouars is the Sun Source of Serak. Everything good flows from him, so you should do whatever the people who are currently in his favor tell you to. If he says that your teacher is lower than whale dung that must be the Truth. That means that I'm right and you're wrong. If we say something didn't happen then it didn't happen even if it did."

Here's how it goes...

Paul de Thouars is a hell of a martial artist. I'm very glad that my teacher and so many others had the chance to learn from him. I'm even sorrier that his relationships with his former senior students went bad over the years. Nobody is taking anything away from his ability or the gratitude which is his due. Got it? Are the words small enough for you to understand? Good.

I've gotten almost all my Silat from Steve Plinck. He got most of his from Paul de Thouars. Paul learned from his uncles. They learned from Djut and from their father. Those men learned from others all the way back to Adam who got a few pointers from the Angel with the Sword. We all owe thanks and a proper amount of respect to many people. That doesn't mean that slave-like devotion, blind obedience and sycophantic praise are required or even appropriate. In fact, anyone who requires those things doesn't deserve them. That goes double or better for someone who says "I'm in his good graces at the moment, and you have to take whatever he says as gospel, so you have to do what I say. And you have to believe what I tell you."

What a load of pure steaming stinking horsecrap.

You've already lost on reason. The facts are against you. And you're trying to fight a duel of words with Steve Perry who is a professional. About the only thing you have left is the appeal to authority. And that one's like a sick cat. It doesn't wash. There really isn't anything else to say to you. So tell us who you are and why you're being such a dick or go away and leave the grownups alone.

6. pukulan student

what part dont you understand about unforgivable

7. Steve Perry

Steve Perry Valued Member

Wasting Your Time, Todd

I say we let Mr. no-name troll starve.

Until he owns up to who he is -- and I suspect that will require a cold day in tropical Hades -- and thus why his opinion might be worth more than the proverbial bucket of warm spit, I'm not talking to him.

He's got nothin'. I'm not giving him anything to go with it.

Steve

8. tellner

tellner Valued Member

I agree. Sorry, troll. Back under the bridge you go.

9. pukulan student

this isnt conversation this isnt internet banter this isnt a dialogue

10. SundaWarrior

SundaWarrior Valued Member

pukulan student,

i hope one day you will understand the meaning of "Pencak Silat." whether you know it or not, Pencak Silat is about brotherhood and becoming family. there are too few Pencak players in the US to be fighting with eachother. i think that is why so many people over the past 20 years or so have been hesitant to train in Pencak Silat. i have heard good things about both Guru Steven Plinck and Guru Paul DeThoures and i would be honored to train with both of them. Every Silat player is different and has something to offer everyone. sorry for the lecture, just fealt like i needed to say that.

Santiago,

Can i get in touch with you by email. i have an upcoming seminar in Florida and would like to tell everyone about it but i am still fairly new to this forum so i am not able to post it just yet. More to come.

Salam,

Nick

11. Monyet Nakal

Monyet Nakal Valued Member

I'm very happy that the Bukti Negara/PDT crew has decided to take up a more public presence and it's great to see displays of their art. Is it necessary that the sad cliché of trolling internet forums comes out along with it? Why rehash old wounds? Is life really that boring? Aren't you happy and confident enough with your art? Why do you feel that you need to defend it, expecially by making such a childish ploy of attacking others?

"Pukulan Student" what you fail to understand here is that Todd and Steve have been using these forums for a long time and doing so by providing intelligent and well-thought out posts. Even though I may have personally disagreed with one or both of them from time to time, those disagreements have always been based on personal perceptions and opinions. To most of the regulars here their knowledge, experience and skills as well as those of their teacher are above repoach. They have no need to prove anything to anyone else reading this forum. What you are doing here is effectively walking into a town you've never been to, put on a ski-mask, walk into the local bar and start talking s**t about some of the regulars. If you think you are succeeding at cowing them, ridiculing them in public or even at making whatever points you think you have, look around the room and you will find that you are greeted by hard stares and quizzical looks of pity (and there's probably a couple of cats reaching for pool cues and empty bottles, but I guess those're the responses trolls like you feed off of...)

Nothing is free. Whereas they are known to us, you are not. While they have earned our respect, you have not. While they have little to prove to us, you have everything. All the eschewing of capitols and rampant use of random, ill-spaced punctuation is not going to make us think you are making anything other than a childhood playground tantrum. "Show me then!" "Prove it!" "...Because I said so!!!" *yawn*

Frankly we are all tired of it. I meant it when I said that I'm glad it was decided to make a more public presence of your school and style. You guys deserve to be proud of all the work you have done and it's good to give people a chance to see it. However Pukulan Student, your choice or targets and weak little attempts at bullying show, if you are a student of Bukti Negara, a strong lack of confidence in your art and give the impression that you are overcompensating for the fact that you really do wish that you were learning Sera(k/h) instead of being proud of your accomplishments. I noticed that you don't claim to be a member of any organization and I hope that is because you either are just a random troll trying to push some buttons or you are a member but are completely non-representative of the attitudes or your association and thus wish to not be identified by your fellows.

Crawl back into your hidey-hole and let the more positive elements of your system represent it. You are as transparent and ineffectual as you are boring.

edit: Oh, you are right about one thing though, there is a debt to one man that should be acknowledged. How about you respect your teacher enough to give the proper hormat to the founder of his parent art or do you think respect is only for those whose approval you desperately need and you can still get?

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  12. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Here you go
    sdobles@gmail.com

Peace

Santiago Dobles

13. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Hey Bruce Almighty....Less trolling and more sharing please.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_e1ztI7qzw"]YouTube[/ame]

Hope you enjoy. And by the way my teacher & I are very much grateful for what PDT has contributed to the arts and to Silat in the US and abroad. Hopefully you will start being more of a gentleman and less of a douche and share with us your name and actual silat instead of "holier than thou Silat God Authority" B.S.

Peace

Santiago Dobles

14. pukulan student

steve and todd all hard ,past personal and political issues aside talking martial arts bukti negara specifically either be all for us or all against us like a mafia code .im not
    talking anything about me personally you dont know me you probably never will
    who cares

15. pukulan student

steve and todd its all about the art the is on the ceiling above us all .no reply needed

16. Pekir

Pekir Valued Member

I guess you are right here for the first time....

17. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

I know nothing of Serak or BN or anything DT but it looks fine to me :) Similar, familiar but with a slightly different flavour to our 'belati' work.

However, I suggest any disputes could be sorted out with duelling banjos a la 'banjhalen' :love:

18. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

HA!!! You beat me to it. At least Cliff did his own homework & found out the "T"-truth. Tell it on the mountain, brother!

- ^_^

19. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

I can't believe that I would ever nominate someone for a Troll award, but this goon definitely has earned the "Bad Grammar Troll" award if you ask me. Jeez. But them, I am an English Linguistics major, so I'm sure that I'm a little harsh.

- ^_^

20. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Thanks for the compliment.

BANJO DUAL WOULD BE GREAT!