Bukti Negara on Youtube

Discussion in 'Silat' started by TalkwithThunder, May 1, 2007.

1. pukulan student

pukulan student Valued Member

personal attacks how refreshing just show us a clip because your art sounds great even prolific how hard is it to produce a clip. duelling clips is good .a picture says a thousand words a clip should say a million .thats all

2. Steve Perry

Steve Perry Valued Member

Always the Wind Blows ...

Sure, there's a civil solution, it's easy: The Bukti people can stop bad-mouthing us and mind their own business, and anonymous trolls can refrain from spouting off when they have no clue about what they are talking.

Those would pretty stop the problem.

If the public is hanging anxiously, that's the public's worry. We're not out to gain converts, we just want to be left alone to do what we do without a bunch of loudmouths blowing hot air in our direction.

Which part of that don't you understand? You want me to use smaller words to explain it?

If you really think a video on YouTube is the way to determine the efficacy of a martial art, well, good luck on your training.

As for put up or shut up, neither words nor pictures convey the reality, so I'll make you a deal -- drop me a note, I'll send you directions to where I work out, and you can come by and play.

Doing the technique is not quite the same as watching it on a computer screen. Feeling it first-hand is a better way to understand it.

Your serve has been returned, bucko. Put up or shut up.

Steve

3. pukulan student

hi steve i am writing this with out reading your dicingly eloquent polite reply .cause i dont want silly emotion to enter into this .this isnt the view
    it seems we got this thing back wards .fights dont lead to argument and message " boards dont hit back" todd mockingly pondered releasing a clip of a compliant interaction and said it would do no good i aggree .tell us thats not how you guys train .better still show us .
    thanks

4. gungfujoe

gungfujoe Please, call me Erik. :)

Steve offered to show you. He said "drop me a note, I'll send you directions to where I work out, and you can come by and play." Not being a Serak or Bukti practitioner, I've got no personal interest in this debate, but Steve and Todd seem to be right on with their assessment of this situation - you've posted four message on this forum. All of them have been in this thread, and all of them have had a challenging nature. None of them have been backed up with any identifying information. All the pieces of evidence point to you being an anonymous troll (Todd's use of "coward" is superfluous, since it applies to all anonymous trolls).

You've rudely demanded that the Serak folks show their cards, but while most of theirs are on the table, you have not shown anything yet. Who are you, and what is your stake in trying to incite a rivalry?

5. Steve Perry

The Map is not the Territory

If you didn't read what I had to say, then you can't enter into the discussion, sorry. And, you'll pardon me if I say I don't believe you, anyhow -- how did you know I did a posting? You sense it?

I will say that posting a vid of somebody climbing a mountain won't make you a mountain climber just because you watch it.

If you really want to see something of what we do, it's out there. Here's a link:

http://www.pencaksilat.com/tapes.html

And if you want to see Bukti Negara as Guru Plinck used to teach it, you can probably get a copy of his videotape of it on eBay. It was the first -- and as far as I know, the only -- Bukti vid made after Pendekar Paul's eight-tape Bukti series came out a dozen or so years ago.

If you are really interested, go find them.

And like I said, I'll be happy to show you in person. Come on by.

6. pukulan student

that reply i read .as for the one before, i saw your name on the lead page ,and i raced to the bottom of the second page . i know the ruthless cryptic word lashing you guys are capable of .i did see your teachers tape years and years ago .but shortly somewhere there after i read he was recovering, from a serious back injury ,during the making of that tape . so by that articles admission i then figuired it not to quite be a full fair representation for judging his style is this true?

7. Steve Perry

Pathetic Try

Hahahahaa! Sure. You skipped it. Uh huh. Tell me another one.

Raced to the bottom of the second page? Please. You were any more bald-faced, you'd be a cue ball. Afraid what I said would shrivel you to a cinder right there in your chair? I could do that, I would be selling it and making a fortune. A true boon for keyboard warriors. You could use it, big-time.

You need to think before you speak. If you can, I mean.

If you've seen the two Sera tapes, then you know what it looks like when the senior guru demonstrating is pre-op, and then post-op from major back injuries and surgery.

Personally, I'd be thrilled if I could move that well, there's nothing embarrassing there even for a man who is a hundred percent. That he could do that with a ruptured disk is amazing. Even so he moved better than most players I've seen.

It is disengenous of you to ask for a YouTube posting if you have already seen what we do.

Disengenous. That's spelled T-R-O-L-L. And it starts to seep through.

Second -- and if see if you can follow my logic here -- with the teacher now in much better physical shape than he was when those tapes were made, is there any way you think he isn't better now than then? Because he is, so go back and look at what you saw before and then add some.

You want to talk, identify yourself. Otherwise, we're done here. You got nothin', not even a name.

Steve

8. pukulan student

wheres yer clip

9. pukulan student

ordinarily such an on slaught of concentrated cleverness would detour but it just perks couriousity more ,with every defensive word of reasonings why .its best for everyone not to see a clip . though mr perry it is a privilege to actualy wittness a true writer at work . as opposed to being chewed out by just anyone

10. pukulan student

maybe its true you dont understand
    Whats that bird on your shirt mean .alow me to answer that brother, vision
    and that cat need i go on .you have been searved . oh yeah, its on .take it

11. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

Indeed Guru Plinck is TOP NOTCH on that Bukti Tape.

12. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

ah the bird in the "SERAK"

is a GARUDA

If you watch the movements of a lot of SERAK they come from a much older vedic style called Garuda.

Silek Tuo has a lot of answers all you have to do is dig a little deeper.

as for the cat...

well welcome to MACAN

13. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wz-KTdwDSE"]YouTube[/ame]

Here is a clip of a recent class. This is for information purpose only. If you know what to look for there is a lot there. I truly don't see the reason to post me kicking the crap out of my students or an attacker. It wont prove anything nor be good for anyones ego.

I know formyself that the Art works I have used it to defend myself and to protect others when I have worked as a bodyguard. And I know the Art has worked for my teacher in his years as an executive Bodygaurd.

I know Guru Plinck and his students can deffinetly use the ART effectively.

I know PDT and Danny H can also make the art work effectively no one has said they can't. I am sure Guru Plinck & Guru Stewart are happy and thankful of the time they had with PDT.

So PLEASE enough with crap talking already.

Enjoy the Art & Share. Many have it and as time goes on more will evolve it.

Peace

Santiago Dobles

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  14. pukulan student

steve and todd here it is your all too removed outsider speculations embarrass and infuriate .unfortunately you will never know what you are missing .if there is any sadness it should be us for you .and maybe it is better you stay away from ,you tube

15. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

What exactly are they missing?

16. pukulan student

you can ask your good teacher this question

17. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Ye gawds and little fishes. The material is out there if you want to see what we do. Numerous references have already been provided. If you'd like a better idea you have a standing invitation from Steve, and from me for that matter, to come by and give it a try. Hell, I'll extend the usual friendly part of the offer. You are welcome to the somewhat chaotic hospitality of my home if travelling is a hardship. You'll get to feel what we do. We'll get to feel what you do. If you really want to make a weekend of it Guru Plinck is having his annual workshop for his students on the weekend of June 23. We won't beat you up or make fun of you.

Now that is about the best I can do.

We've already established that you're a coward, a liar a troll and a ****-stirrer. Come clean about who you are, what you do and why you're going out of your way to be all of these. It's the bare minimum that a guy (or gal) with a pair would do. Otherwise, go back under the bridge and wait for the billy goats.

Let's go over the points one more time...

Some small minority of the people affiliated with the PDT Academy have taken it upon themselves to come out of nowhere and start slandering Paul's former seniors and anyone affiliated with them. They've generally been afraid to put their real names to what they do. And they haven't seen fit to add anything constructive to any of the discussions. It's all been repeating a bunch of lies in order to cut down people who didn't have any beef with them and were minding their own business combined with a healthy dose of self-promotion. When they find that most people don't care about them and aren't interested it gets worse. When someone finally takes notice and slaps them around a bit they get shriller and more challenging.

I really couldn't care less about who has what lineage or gets to wear the funny hats. I'm very happy with my teacher and know through about a decade and a half that he's got rare skills as a fighter, technician and teacher. Many of his colleagues, like Cliff Stewart qnd Guro Inosanto, are also excellent.

That's all I really care about. We're not interested in the factions in Ohio and LA jockeying for position in the PDT organization. It's only when they try to score political points inside their organization by sniping at our friends and teachers that we take as much notice as we would of a fly buzzing around the room. That sort of crap has put the reputation of Silat in general and Sera in particular smack in the middle of the porcelain circling the drain. This isn't the early 80s. People are a lot less easy to ******** about martial arts. Most of them have decided that Silat players are all infected with some sort of weird Indonesian brain rot precisely because of things like this. And do you know what? As long as the revisionist history, personality cults, senseless fights, purges and childishness go on they'll be absolutely right.

I'd be thrilled more than you can believe if the ****-stirrers stopped it, grew up and we could all be friends. That's why I made the offer above. And it's not one I extend to many people. Failing that I'd be much obliged if the trolls would at least shut up and go home for the good of Silat and what's left of Sera's reputation.

18. tellner

tellner Valued Member

The kitty, birdy and ironmongery

The emblem of Sera as practised by the de Thouars extended family has been the Garuda holding a pair of cabangs surmounted by a tiger. Garuda is a semi-divine bird out of Indian mythology and is associated with many martial arts lineages in South and Southeast Asia. The tiger is obvious. The cabang is a traditional Silat weapon.

When Guru Plinck and his teacher parted ways he wanted to have something that gave respect to the old symbolism but reflected reality. He and his students live in America and didn't grow up in the culture. So he adopted American animals - a Red Tail hawk and a cougar - and swapped one of the cabangs for a Bowie knife.

19. Silatyogi

Silatyogi Valued Member

???

Do you have ANYTHING positive to add to this forum? Or to You tube?

What exactly is your goal? That Steve & Todd & myself leave our teachers? and then do what???? go train with Tim Anderson in ohio???? Or Danny Huybrechts???? Or PDT?

So all silat aside how much time or experience have you had in "REAL" world situations (Bodyguarding, Self defense, etc)? More than Cliff Stewart? I highly DOUBT that.......

So PLEASE GET OVERYOURSELF.....

As for my good teacher I recall footage of him knocking some of the seniors around at the PDT academy sparring session with "ease". I don't think he is missing anything. Aside from the fact that he has spent years researching roots that make up your "Serak" (Cimande, seti hati, cikalong, Ular Sawa, Macan, Monyet, Harimau, Silek Tuo) so if anything it might be you who are missing out cause of the footage I have seen only Danny Huybrechts seems to know what he is doing and moves similar to PDT. The rest are not moving like PDT at all...Very few are actually using the Langkahs to their fullest potential.

As for Plinck well...my teacher holds him in the highest regards. THAT IS ENOUGH FOR ME. I have infact felt his energy once in a training session in my lifetime and it was enough for me to know he can use his art and he cn infact scrap if he had to.

GROW A SET OF COJONES and at least be a gentleman and present yourself.

What do you have to hide?

Maybe if I know who you are I could post footage I might have of you.....???

Please do yourself a favor and Grow Up.

If you presented yourself like the rest of us do with a greeting , adat hormat, and an actual name we might take you more seriously and also have a slight bit of respect for you.

Sincerely,

Santiago Dobles

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  20. pukulan student

steve i will tell you right now we dont play like you guys do .we hurt each other in real time we're nuts. come down to the acedemy in disguise of course and youll see