Bruised ear, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Happy Feet Cotton Tail, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

Got a bruised ear from last night, it doesn't look any bigger than the other one, but it hurts a little when it's moved.

Searched the web and heard a bunch of horror stories about "cauliflower ear", what exactly should I look out for or do at this stage?

Thanks everyone.

2. 36chambers

36chambers Valued Member

wait for it to heal. if we believe everything on the web wed live in a bubble. coliflower ears are through constant hits in that area if this is a 1 off dont worry about it

3. Mr.Black

Mr.Black Valued Member

Visit a doctor.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

rub it better :evil:

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Leave it alone, don't do anything to it. If it gets better great, if it gets worse go see a doctor.

Try not to let it get hit/pulled until it gets better.

It takes a long time to develop cauliflower ears, or if you're lucky like me you just don't really develop them (I have a few knots, but don't have anywhere near as much as other Judo/BJJ/MMAers of comparative time).

6. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

Rup a turnip on it.

No dont really, you could end up with some kind of veggie stew!

Rest it, and dont touch it.

7. Don-Felix

Don-Felix New Member

I realize it's been a while since you posted the original question so your ear is probably all better by now. Anyhow, for all others that stumble up this looking for answers (or your next ear injury):

Cauliflower ear is not necessarily resulting multiple traumas of the ear. It's due to improperly treated hematoma of the ear. More information on treatment and prevention methods can be found here.

Hope that info may save some ears.