Bruce Lee Musical

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Coges, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Coges

Coges Valued Member

2. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

At best, it'll be awful in a campy fun way like Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter.

Chances are, it won't be.

3. KaratekaAndy

KaratekaAndy Male (95% of the time)

Sounds like it will suck, but if Lee's family has given permission...
    *shrugs*

It'll probably be a success for about a day when everyone rushes to see it, but then they'll realise it's... not all it's cracked up to be :rolleyes:

All Singing - All Dancing... Dont make you think of Bruce Lee does it?

4. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

...I wonder if they can resist the temptation of having "Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting" on the soundtrack?

5. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Surely you guy remember the fight scene in the film 'the way of the opera singer'?

Lee sings the entire score of Ride of the Valkyries whilst taking on multiple opponents who seem to be singing something along the lines of bohemian rhapsody... at one point one of the guys actually tries to bottle lee by smashing a bottle with his soundwaves.

Great fight scene. Film didn't do too well though...

6. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

I can just imagin it now Bruce surounded by 20 bad guys then all of a sudden they all break in to song and dance. lol Why on earth would his family want to give permission to make that!

7. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

'Oh I'm Bruce Lee, you baddies don't stand a chance. Look at my muscles gleeeeeem iiiiin theeeee SUUUUUUUUUN!'

Now read that again, but sing your hearts out...

8. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

I'd go see it if the first part was Bruce doing a two and a half somersault with a twist through a hoop while punched a football through the uprights singing...

"SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH!!" :D

9. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Bruce Lee do allot dancing back in Hong Kong?

I should think most of the musical will have allot of beaten up Karate player's, as that is all you see in thoose demonstrations he gave.

Tans

10. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I predict that song and "Coming to America" by Neil Diamond will be used in some way.

...and I think the folks from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy will be jealous as this obviously has the potential to out-gay them in spades. :D

I wonder if Chuck Norris will do a guest spot? ;)

I'd have loved to have hear the pitch on this one: Well it's kind of a “West Side Story” meets “Enter the Dragon” story. :rolleyes: I'm envisioning something like, Barry Gordy's "The Last Dragon" with more Caucasians. :D