Bruce Lee Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bob wall, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Bob wall

Bob wall New Member

Hi guys, this is an excellent article about Bruce Lee diet. Tell me what you think.

Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2019
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Firstly we don't allow links back to personal sites. If you wish to place a commercial advert them please contact either Mitch or myself.

Secondly it isn't an excellent article. Just a lot of made up facts and adverts.

3. Bob wall

Bob wall New Member

It is not made up facts at all first. Second it is a very good article. Third I won't pay an ad for a forum who insults me.

4. Simon

Okay I'll play.

Where did you obtain your facts, as they don't appear to be very in-depth?

As to where I get my info? For starters I could post a picture of my instructor with Bruce's sister Phoebe.

She tells some interesting stories about her brother.

5. Bob wall

Bob wall New Member

From a book written by Bruce Lee come most of my information, if you had read my article you would have seen as I mention the book.

6. Simon

Which book please?

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: You may feel free to post the entire article here for discussion.:) If you choose to do this please post the article without any advertisements that may be there to keep it in line with our Terms of Service.

But using MAP to direct traffic elsewhere (instead of it's focus being here) is considered using MAP for advertising said link. If you are going to use MAP in this manner, MAP asked for something in return. This is not for profit, btw, but just to help with the costs of keeping MAP running. Hence the no free advertising policy. Please remember you agreed to this and our other Terms of Service when you started posting here.

If you have any further questions on this matter, plese PM a member of the mod team. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  8. Jackie6419

Jackie6419 Banned Banned

Hi everyone;

Do you know that Bruce lee loved to eat chicken, beef and all vegetables .

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Even cabbage?

axelb likes this.
  10. ansatsuman

ansatsuman New Member

I'd hope especially the cabbage.

11. Dead_pool

Why do you hope Bruce Lee loved to eat cabbage?

12. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Why would anyone want to take health advice from someone who died in their early thirties?

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Think it's a bit harsh to hold that against Bruce Lee seeing as it was an allergic reaction to medication (or was it....Dim mak!?!?!)

14. David Harrison

I'm not holding anything against Bruce Lee. I presume he's not affiliated with this.

If we want to look at diet for martial arts and health, shouldn't we be looking to martial artists who have kept up high performance above the average age of other martial artists?

15. ansatsuman

ansatsuman New Member

As I assume your comment was made out of sarcasm, I decided to follow up with sarcasm.
    But that being said, because cabbage is delicious. I completely understand if someone doesn't like it, but cabbage is very tasty to me haha

What's wrong with taking health advice from someone who was in incredible shape, who died of something unrelated to his diet and routine? Early death doesn't imply it was related to his diet.

Absolutely, but back in his time, he was one of those individuals. He was a larger-than-life figure, and most martial artists nowadays aren't household names that stand out as larger-than-life. I'm not saying they have to, but people are going to see Bruce Lee's name in this thread and be drawn to it more than others.

Finally, since the thread's creator had originally posted a link to their blog, good chance it was an attempt to use the name to get some ad-revenue or something along those lines.

David Harrison likes this.
  16. David Harrison

Yes, it's cashing in on the name of someone who can't offer an opinion anymore.

We have no real metric with which to judge the effect diet had on Bruce Lee.

ansatsuman likes this.
  17. Dead_pool

It's a common marketing tactic, hijack a dead persons parasocial relationship, and flog something off the back of it.

I like roast cabbage, but cabbage doesn't like me.......

ansatsuman likes this.
  18. ansatsuman

ansatsuman New Member

Agreed. If it was just a regular post to engage conversation, then I would be less bothered by it. Though, I guess since mods/admins have removed the link it's less an offense haha.

Fair point. Basically, we have any references to diet from his books or interviews, and his muscular physique, indicating an at least adequate protein intake. But yeah beyond that, who knows.

Ah yeah, I've heard of folx who have adverse reactions to cabbage. I'm sorry to hear that it does you dirty. :(

David Harrison likes this.
  19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I mean personally in terms of diet and health I'd look to someone who's knowledge didn't stop in the early 70's (due to him dying). One thing we can guarantee is that Bruce himself would not have stopped learning, adapting and changing what he did with better knowledge and understanding. That was kinda his thing right!?
    I was born the same year Bruce died (I don't think the two things are linked) and got taught/shown some absolute nonsense about food growing up.
    Especially in the UK my parents were post war babies (so were brought up on rationing) and so would eat things like "bread and dripping". Lovely.

20. Dead_pool

To be fair, kids need calories and a larger amount of fat in their diet, it may not be as bad as it sounds.

Nowadays we have the opposite problem, too many calories and too much saturated fat on average.

75 years on from rationing, what did we learn?