Bruce Lee being added to upcoming UFC Video Game.

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Combat Sports, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChwalyhZNPc&list=UUkl5J40QoxYhWyBfcZfPXkg"]Check out this practical defense counter to a headlock and then ground and pound - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYuT3l6AUVQ&list=UUkl5J40QoxYhWyBfcZfPXkg"]JKD-Wing Chun Elbows - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yc7DOwHx3c&list=UUkl5J40QoxYhWyBfcZfPXkg"]Gung Fu Picnic 2011 Nunchukas vs. Dagger - YouTube[/ame]

this is similar to what i do

2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Stuff like this makes TCMA look bad. I practice TCMA, We have groin strikes, eye gouges, etc. But they aren't an excuse to not put on some gloves and spar with more limited rules.

My MA is not reliant on these strikes, it is far more all encompassing.

Nothing exactly replicates a street fight. The trick is to approach training from all sorts of angles to get as much experience as you can- but it will never replicate things 100%. Drills against pads and stuff help with the moves you can't do in a real fight, amongst other things. Sparring to get down distance, footwork, etc and to learn to use full power against a moving opponent.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Stop talking about what you flat out do not know; You know what happens when you poke someone in the eye if they are choking you? They break your neck

If you even THINK of trying that on me in a grapple you have now escalated and i will put you in the ground. If you can't grapple, don't cheat because you aren't going to make things better and will just annoy the person with dominant position

Same for biting...how much have you done it? How much have you practiced? Can you tear a chunk of meat clean off? Can you do it from an uninterrputed platform? Have you tried it against someone trying to attack you?

Before you ask yes I have - Guess how I got my user name?

4. Hannibal

From a man who KNOWS violence both in and out of the ring....

Contains some NSFW language but makes some excellent points that I belive need to be heard

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiiUHFCkoZ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiiUHFCkoZ0[/ame]

5. Fujian Animal

Fujian Animal Banned Banned

see this is what i hate, people assume you have to graduate from an MA college to know anything, i may not be the brightest lamp on MAP i cant even text right, and im prolly wrong about a lot of stuff, but just my being here speaks volumes even if i cant speak at all... in truth ive been in many MANY chokeholds, ive been mounted, been punched, kicked, shot, stabbed, gouged and bitten... and i may not hold high rank or be most popular guy on MAP but what i lack in knowledge i make up for with live fighting experience... its bad to say that but its true, i just dont like to brag by talking about it, and please forgive my texting i used a cheap phone to send this

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[​IMG]

7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pretty sure Paul Vunak says something along the lines of "don't bother with the dirty stuff until you're at least a purple belt" or something like that.

8. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

I always liked the idea that if you cant beat a guy in a padded room when he is wearing gloves and there are people there to protect you, what chance do you have of doing it without all thes things?

9. Hannibal

Pretty much verbatim

10. Hannibal

Let's not compare "real fight" resumes eh?

11. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pretty sure you've fought competitively more than me too, and in the NHB days. To that I say "hell no!", "well done!" And "are you out of your god damned mind?!" :)

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

My old BJJ teacher has a large human bite scar on his abdomen. He told me "yeah, he really got hurt for that".

13. JackD

JackD Valued Member

I'm pretty sure bruce Lee said belts are only good for keeping up pants. Shows you how much in Line Vu was with bruce Lee and his way of training.

14. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Ranking systems and training methods are two different animals.So whether or no an individual uses a ranking system himself has no bearing at all on if his training methods are in line with one of his lineal ancestors.

You do know Lee himself had a ranking system at one time,right? Used different colored symbols on shirts instead of different colored belts but in essence was the same thing. Don't recall any of his guys saying the training was different after he scrapped his ranking system.

15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Hardly. Lee trained with plenty of people who participated in belt systems. Chuck Norris, Joe Lewis, Jhoon Rhee, etc. He didn't treat people as pariahs for using a belt system. He was making a point. That's all. The point was that the belt itself wasn't the objective. It was a tool. A means to an end.

It's not an unusual viewpoint, even for people who do participate in a belt system.