bruce lee #2

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Simple, Aug 6, 2005.

1. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

as faster than you said jkd can be one style and i agree so yeah jkd can just be jun fan jkd, but surely you still have to look outside the box to see why its effective, just because bl did it, does not mean it would work for you.
    if that is your jkd then good,but inosanto was the main guy of bruce lee and instructor to 1st generation student,apart from kimura or james lee,so bit strange that you don't like him because as i said lee was doing the same thing as dan.but hey all down to personal view's.
    lee wrote down the line if there is any fuss over jeet kune do then let the name be wiped out, then it boils down to concepts and prinicples

2. tel

strange but true

3. jai dee

jai dee New Member

JKD_forever doesnt like Inosanto's haircut, thinks FMA is crap and that Walter Mitty "Carruthers" is the best fighter since Lee.

Someone needs to up their meds.

4. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

bwahahahahaaaa :D

tel - you said quite back that in your opinion wong is not jkd and is not good or ...whatever you said, and you said its your opinion.
    Now i was looking for your reaction when i said inosanto is bad. And you all get mad...funny ..Its all good, do whatever you think will help you most...

and i still think Tommy is fantastic
    i am curious as to why jai dee thinks he is bad. Buy hey im not upset about that i dont care less, just curious? Did you train with the guy?

5. jai dee

jai dee New Member

I'm from Scotland, yeah, and have some experience of Carruthers. Truth is, the "world's greatest JKDer" is viewed with a mixture of mirth and embarrasment and is no more Bruce Lee #2 than I am. He's really not that good.

The reality is - a middle aged guy still in the midst of a Bruce Lee obsession, surrounded by a cultish coterie "yes men". Carruthers students have awful groundwork, no sparring smarts and cannot even train with another teachers (what's the story behind that?)

The whole atmosphere is creepy and cultish. You how some MA schools have a bad vibe?

-

In a way, I can see why JKD_Forever defends Carruthers. They're perfect for each other - blinkered, unreflective and boorish.

6. JKD_forever

haha cool

yes i know he is not the best TEACHER out there, however that doesnt change the fact that the guy is good, now does it?

cheers

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

In all honesty, he looks ok on some of his videos. Fast and strong yes but I can't really comment on his teaching. I have only heard people, and by people I mean people who are pretty damn high up on the JKD ladder and very experienced MAists, slag him off for some of the crap he comes out with that he won't stand up for. To be honest JKDForever, I can't take your opinion seriously if you think Dan Inosanto is a bad martial artist.

8. tel

didn't get upset, just didn't understand why you thought he was bad, but when it boils down to it, the differance here is really training methods and views on people's skills,but that is how we chose are teachers and we all have different views on what we like, thats whats good about jkd,but can also is the reason why there can be alot of fighting.
    we as jkd brothers should not judge each other or attack each others methods this is important to the future of jkd and keeping the art and memory of bruce lee and his students alive. and when he post are thoughts we must try and understand and respond in a positive manner.
    after all we are on here to learn.
    maybe that method is not the way i think jkd is supposed to be but thats only important to me and stops there.

9. jai dee

jai dee New Member

I honestly don't rate him. Like I say, there are many people in Scotland who are better martial artists - both at a teaching and fighting level. And it's no coincidence that many of these people are Inosanto lineage :)

10. JKD_forever

thats ok adam,
    i just ment i dont like the way he does jkd, thats all...

11. kenpo123

kenpo123 New Member

Telling me to eat cheerios just makes it abundantly clear that you have nothing to say to your rediculis claims and comparisons in that you have to sink to kiddie insutlts, your opionions are welcome but dont come here with the name jkd forever say bruce lee 2 is better then bruce lee 1 lol.. and that inostanto sucks lol.. TROLLLLllllllll...
    so plz. tell us how you state facts? as opionions in one sentense?
    GO HOME
    GO HOME
    TROLL
    plz just go
    GO HOMMMMMME>>>
    yeah plz just go :love:

12. JKD_forever

Im sorry, are you done with your cheerious?

13. kenpo123

kenpo123 New Member

cheerious who?
    hey while your at it, lets go to the mama insults lol, still no proof to back up your words young one. and this will be my last reply to you in that you are preety much retarded. :bang:

14. JKD_forever

Words, what words old man? For your info, opinion is someone's view on a subject and not facts themselves. Get it?
    Its funny you should mention insults since your the one insulting.
    Since you mentioned it, here’s one tell me its not funny: Your mama is so fat that if she weighed 5 more pounds she could get group insurance!
    Wasn't that funny?!!

cheers

Attached Files:

15. tel

guys going off the track here a little.

16. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hey, Bro from across the pond, yep I have been in the Philippines for 6 weeks training in FMA, You know the thing that one guy on hear thinks is crap, all I will say is, if it that bad then lets compare;) Hehehe! oh those that fail to understand simply because they have not been shown it properly eh Bro...

Well the sticks are swinging ahrd and fast as usual, I would have loved to be there in Arpil, but busy busy, but I am planning to make a trip States side in the near future so we will get to share a few beers.

Speak to you soon.
    Your freind from the other side of the pond
    Pat

17. kenpo123

kenpo123 New Member

"Tommy's punches are faster then Bruce's were, he is stronger , and more flexible then bruce was. So you saying that is an opionion? Sounds more like a dictative fact you are trying to state with 100% no proof or anything to back up your insane claim! "Tommy is the best jkd practitioner today, I am to believe that." you see the last part of your other statment makes it an opionion.. you see the difference? :cry: Honey nut cheerios ok..

18. JKD_forever

:rolleyes:
    Lets move on shall we

19. kenpo123

kenpo123 New Member

hmm ok.... how bout, who would win Bruce lee or 1000 ninjas? lol.. dead topic gotcha.. :D