bruce lee #2

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Simple, Aug 6, 2005.

1. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

sadly this guy is trying to copy bruce lee and te stuff that lee could pull off but doubt he could

2. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go home

3. tel

go home? do you really know what your talking about. maybe you lot should read what bruce lee wrote and said, and maybe take some notice of it.instead of just putting bl name in every sentance you say.
    jkd is supposed to be a personal art and forever changing but people like wong and tommy and that kind of group teach jkd like a traditional art,never changing it and keeping it the same,they also make it out like they got all there jkd knowledge of bruce when it was in fact dan inosanto.
    i still believe that keeping bruce lee art's alive,and jun fan is the base of jkd.
    if i want to learn lee's jkd i would go to inosanto or poteet, don't think wong has that much skill.again as i said this is my view's.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  4. addiwei

addiwei New Member

there's really no definition to what JKD should be....be formless...shapeless...like water....if you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, if you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, if you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot...now water can flow...or it can crash...be like water, my friend. u see?

5. JKD_forever

G.O. H.O.M.E !!!11

i cant listen to this crap...

....makes little panda saaaaaaaaaaaaaad

6. kenpo123

kenpo123 New Member

whats sad is, is that jkd died when its master died, it can not be replicated for it is Bruce lee jkd. everyone has there own jkd... Bruce just was 10 million light years past his time and preety much invented mma and an open mind. so take your own advise and find your home and think about that

7. LUM

LUM New Member

Talented? Yes Maybe, but certainly not another Bruce Lee...

8. tel

when i posted what i thought of wong and tommy i said my own views and did not mean a great deal. but instead of posted a good argument in his favour you just post stupid comments.
    wong only come in to the lime light when the money started to come in jkd. no one heard of him before that.thing is is not crap its true. form all the stuff i have seen on him he does not look that good, and the reason why he is as well know as he is well simple riding on bruce lee's name. people can say the same about inosanto,but the thing there is he has achived loads of things in different art and some people look to him just for that.

9. tel

well said (claps)

10. JKD_forever

stupid comment is bound to produce a stupid comment.

i saw both tommy and wong. Wong is excelent teacher, and i think no1 matches tommy's skills today in jkd. So there you go. MY opinion.
    Also in my opinion inosantos method (i.e 243 diff arts all-in-one) SUCKS.
    its just my opinion. I dont know why ppl say inosanto is awsome, the guy is average at the best.

11. tel

if that your opinon good.but remember inosanto taught wong and he rest of the la students.
    inosanto is world class. why would top martial artists train with him.
    and the method that you say sucks well that was lee's method.

have you ever seen inosanto on tape or live? interested where you draw your conclusions from. but bruce outlined what he wanted and people have ignorned it. does anyone really believe that lee would be doing the same stuff he was doing back then, well lets be honest,no, thats clear simple because he was looking at different arts til his death, god knows what he would of been studying.
    wong maybe a good teacher.but his skill level is not the best,but proberly not the worst.

12. JKD_forever

I’ve seen him on tape and in live. and wong is better. Everybody goes to inosanto because everyone knows him. Wong is more obscure.
    And Bruce did incorporate the idea of diff. arts but not to the extend to which Inosanto is doing with his Filipino crap. Not that it matter to me, but Tommy likes wong, and doesn't have a high opinion on inosantos jkd. And if you SAW Tommy, you would know that that guy can kick some serious ass.
    He is "bruce lee #2", although the name as someone suggested is poor, because there will never be another me and another you. Tommy’s punches are faster than Bruce’s were, he is stronger, and more flexible than bruce was. But bruec was founder of jkd idea so thats all that matters fro that point. when jessie glover and wong say Tommy is the best jkd practitioner today, I am to believe that.

13. jai dee

jai dee New Member

Inosanto is 'average'? "Filipino crap"? Wow. Just.... wow.

And as for no one matching Tommy's skills in JKD? Carruthers isn't even the best MA fighter in Glasgow, let alone the whole of JKD.

14. tel

inosanto crap? kali rubbish wow your really do live in the clouds.tommy is not jkd, tommy is a bad copy of bruce,wong is known as much as inosanto,but inosanto is a much higher level.the reason bruce didn't go that far was because he died.tommy is just like his instructors not very good and stuck on bruce lee. the reason tommy might not like inosanto is because he follows the jkd path, and he might like wong because he stuck on bruce lee as well

15. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

wong is jkd. he believes what best works for him is what lee taught him. that's all jkd is.

16. JKD_forever

crap was not meant as derogative term for Filipino arts as a whole. I was pointing out something else. That CRAP aside
    so what if tommy is stuck on bruce lee thing? does that make him less of a fighter?
    jai dee - OK buddy!
    i HATE inosanto i think he SUCKS big time. that’s my opinion, i don’t care for your comment on wong, just like its vice versa.
    Everyones happy and noones comment here will make one change his opinion thats important.

17. kenpo123

kenpo123 New Member

How are you comparing Bruce lees strength and his speed to Tommy's? Just wondering cause i thought Bruce Lee passed away some time ago! Unless your taking old clips of Bruce lee and eye balling it.. wait you know that Tommy is also more flexible! WOW!! How do you come up with this intriguing info? Well I believe that Im a faster shot then BILLY The kid cause i saw the movie and thats my opionion.. YEE HAw gag gag goo goo.. :woo:

18. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Seriously, I just clicked on this topic and saw someone with their name as "JKDForever" say that Dan Inosanto sucks... :confused:

19. JKD_forever

who gives a damn

my mistake to jump into this pool its really pointless

so what if i dont like inostanto????
    i dont like anything about him, from the sparring gear he uses to the way he trains, hell i dont even like his haircut.... :rolleyes:
    SO WHAT????

kenpo, go back to your cheerios please...

20. tel

agree with you totally,but he does not explain why it suits him, just talks about bruce lee. but yeah your jkd can be one style or x amount. also long as it goes on the prinicples of jkd