Bruce Anecdote

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by JKD guy, Dec 9, 2004.

1. JKD guy

JKD guy New Member

(By John Derbyshire, in National Review.com):

"There were a couple of occasions I had heard about — I can't recall having caught them in my own TV watching — when Bruce had been invited on TV martial-arts programs to discuss his own fighting style. In the most talked-about of these, he had been confronted by a traditionalist martial-arts master of one of the old Chinese schools, a fellow particularly proud of his defensive stance, who claimed that when he was in that stance, no one could push him over. He actually took up the infallible stance right there and challenged Bruce to push him over. Bruce walked across and hit him with a highly unorthodox sucker punch. The guy fell over. Said Bruce, helping the outraged master to his feet: "I don't push, I hit."

2. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

bwahahahha
    :D :D

3. Black Dog

Black Dog Expressionist

I think I did the same thing to my friend...
    Except, instead of punching, I kicked out his leg...
    Oh well.

4. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

my favorite bruce lee story is the one about 'judo' gene picking him up and running wild with lee in a state of helplessness.

5. Gary Crawford

Gary Crawford New Member

Back when I trained under Professor Gary Dill(don't hold it against me!),The Prof. liked to tell a story about B.L. and Gene LaBell waiting fo the studio buss to pick them up.Bruce Lee was usually messing around with Gene.That peticular morning(Green Hornet days),Gene saw the bus coming around the corner and told Bruce "there's the bus!" and as soon as Bruce turned to look,Gene scooped Bruce up and stuffed him in a trash can! Then jumped on the bus and told the driver to get the hell out of there.Just imagine Bruce Lee,stuffed in a trash can,nothing but arms and legs sticking out and cursing in cantonese!

6. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

very funny...i had never read or heard that one.