British Student Tae Kwon-Do Championships 2006

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Alexander, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Yep - this is a post about the British Student Tae Kwon-Do Championships 2006! :cool: (Sorry about the disappointment to all non-British non-students.)

So naturally I'm going to try and bring a few guys from Durham down.

Firstly, anyone going to be there from MAP? Which team/Uni are you with? In fact which competition are you in, Southampton (WTF - BUSA) or Warwick (ITF)? Its a pity they're on the same day, otherwise I'd enter both!

Secondly, since I'm from a club that is just one and a half months old, no one has a clue how to do things (and I'm doubly incompetant - AND I'm the skipper)!!!!! So I wanted to ask does anyone know what the deal is with Uniforms - especially with regard to Warwick's ITF competition, as that's the one we'll probably be going to enter. I've thought it would be uber cool to get a uniform for the team, giving the illusion we're a proper hardcore outfit. But I was wondering if the ITF have any arsey stuff about what uniforms are acceptable in their tournaments (WTF seems fine with the idea from what I've read in the rules, as long as the design isn't ludicrous)? I've been through the ITF's uniform rules but they don't seem to say much about what emblems a uniform should not have on it.

Cheers,
    Alexander

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

wouldn't contacting the organiser be a good idea????

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  3. KJ.

KJ. New Member

Hey there ....im British but from Hereford...not sure about the comps your refering to as im gathering your froma diferent orginisation as me!
    BUT i am opening a school soon and just woundered how you are finding it being the first in a new club..its gotta be hard but what would you say helps you stay?
    Do you gt visitors to do seminars so you get used to beingaround other higher grades?
    ka..sorry its not much about the comps.

4. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

let's not get off topic. this thread is about the british competition.

but you can continue your discussion on starting a new school here: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6109&highlight=start+school

you may even find more threads if you use the search button.

5. Alexander

Believe me this was the last resort; I was trying for a month before I decided to post on here. I have actually been getting through to the right ITF people in the last day, but the relevant WTF people are still proving completely elusive!

6. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

ITF? WTF? is it a mixed thing or what?

7. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

He said in his OP that there were two separate competitions occurring on the same day, one being for ITF, and one being for WTF. :)

8. Alexander

Y'know, now I'm not entirely sure they are on the same day. I think the same day thing was my infomation being... bad. Hopefully we should be entering both!!!!!!!! :D

But I don't know yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, beauocracy drives me MAD :rolleyes:

9. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

tell me, do you, meaning your club, belong to a certain association?

if so, you should contact the headquarters for information on tournaments, if you haven't gotten the invitation yet.

once you participate in a tournament, i'm sure the organiser will keep sending you the invitation every time.

at least that's the way how things are run here. i run a club, and organisers keep sending me invitation forms all the time but in the beginning i contacted the HQ, the president or the secretary, or other instructors who had the invitation.

10. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

Alexander
    Just sent you a PM, ;)

11. lukestkd

lukestkd New Member

tournament

hi ppl where and whens this comp on eh? cheers :p