Bring on the hate replies

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by TheMasterSword, Feb 11, 2004.

1. TheMasterSword

TheMasterSword Cunning Linguist

Ok I know I'm gonna get it for this one but I want to be "educated"

I am the biggest Bruce Lee fan and have read all of his books as well as biographies..

I agree with a lot of his teachings and theories on martial arts and fighting in general..

however, dan insonato (spelling?) as i believe is the inheritor of the system... as i see his training methods and fighting style i feel that HIS JKD is more filipino fighting with a JKD flavor... do you think that this is what Bruce taught??? do you think this is what JKD is supposed to be??

what are your thoughts??

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Everyone knows Bruce was a hack, right? Just kidding, I think Inosantos version of JKD is a hybrid of the BL version. I'm not a JKDist, but have watched a lot of tape and you can tell the base is grounded in JKD, but of a different flavor.

3. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

I don't know anything about Bruce Lee but I like your name caption. finally, a kindred spirit. Another cunning linguist if you will.

4. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

I think that is exactly how it's suppose to be, because it is coming from him, he's being his self, and individual. That is what JKD allows you to do.

5. Tireces

Tireces New Member

I think it's neither. JKD isn't "supposed" to look like modified FMA, likewise, I sincerely doubt what bruce taught was modified FMA either. I prefer what I've been taught to modified FMA. If you think it's all a farce what I've been taught, and that Dan Inosanto is the "sole inheritor" of JKD, tough. Sure teaches some damned good economy of motion, for a farce that is.

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

hehe a suggestion... read those Bruce lee books again; understand the concept behind jkd :) then delete this post :p :) hehe im jokin.
    Dan likes filipino fighting, so he incorperates some of it into his martial arts... thats all :)

7. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

weak, they made us change our titles beneath our names Master Sword. Oh well.

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yet another person who claims to have read the books but has obviously not taken in a single thing.

See the rest of the JKD forum for a real definition of JKD. It is not a style, it is a collection of philosophies aimed at creating your own personal style. JKD is not a style in itself, however jun fan gung fu is.