Brick Mansions

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Moosey, May 4, 2014.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Oh those crazy/lazy Hollywood movie types have gone and made what looks pretty much like a shot-for-shot remake of Banlieu 13. They've imported David Belle from the original French movie, which is good as he's a top notch parkour-ist, but replaced Cyril Tomassi with Paul Walker, which is kind of a shame as Tomassi has some pretty good karate skillz which I don't think is the case with Walker.

It actually looks like pretty good B-movie fun, but then I though the original was good B-movie fun too, so it's just another case of "Americans won't read subtitles".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzcsN4k9FM"]BRICK MANSIONS - Official Trailer - In Theaters April 25 - YouTube[/ame]

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Valued Member MAP 2017 Gold Award

Loved the original, wondering how this will look.

3. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I thought it was Raffaelli. Cyril Raffaelli.

Agreed in any event. Banlieu 13 and its sequel were both a lot of fun. I have the first one on DVD (from back when people still purchased DVDs).

4. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

You're absolutely right - total brain-spasm on my part!

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Happens to me constantly. :)

I'm always glad to see parkour being used in action films. And I'll see this, even if it is a scene-by-scene remake. Hell, how many secret-underground-martial-arts-tournament or zombie-uprising films have I sat through? The mind wobbles to contemplate it.

6. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

B13 1 is amazing on Bluray and one of my favorite movies of all time. I really hope this remake is good. Been 7 years since the original . B13 2 is bad in my opinion.

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I hate it.
    It killed one of my projectors and I spent 2 hours getting it running again :mad:

To be fair, it probably wasnt the film‘s fault, but still....